Wiring for larger kiln

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

whitejoyce

Wiring for larger kiln

Post by whitejoyce »

Hello,

Does anyone in Phoenix,Area know of a great licensed contractor they can recommend for wiring? This means rewiring and older home. The home already has a 220 outlet for the dryer but there so many other thing on this box, it is time for and upgrade before the home blows, figure of speak but it serious.

Please email me for any suggestions,comments, & concerns are welcome.

Thanks
J. White
Alecia Helton

Post by Alecia Helton »

I just had this done to my home in the Dallas area. My panel was full and I need more electricity to come into my home to support a new and large kiln.

It was very expensive. Cost about as much as the kiln. I had a friend/Real Estate agent/home remolder advising me. He strongly suggested against going with a freelancer or someone without the support of a large organization. He said it was really important to have someone who knew what they were doing. It took two electricians two days to do the job. Don't let them "forget" to get the city permit. My electrician included the permit in the bid, but hadn't purchased it until I asked about it.

Hope this helps.

Alecia
Alecia Helton
Wear Original Wonders!
Carrollton TX