BE Dense White (0313) Reaction

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

lbailey

BE Dense White (0313) Reaction

Post by lbailey »

Have worked a fair amount using Dense White with French Vanilla and now testing other colors listed to react with Dense White. Oddly enough there appears to be no reaction with Tomato Red, Red Opal, Spring Green or Marigold Yellow.

According to BE's "Reactive Potential" chart all 4 of these colors contain Sulfur/Selenium and Dense White contains Lead. I understand the definition of "potential" but 4 out of 4 tests fail to produce a reaction? Test tiles fired to 1480F with 10 min hold, Dense White base, other colors on top. Included a piece of FV to confirm that my DW is actually DW, got a nice reaction. Obviously I'm missing something.....

Posted this on the BE forum and no response yet, so I thought I'd ask here.

Thanks
Brad Walker
Site Admin

Re: BE Dense White (0313) Reaction

Post by Brad Walker »

BE's reactive potential chart is just the possibility of a reaction, not definitely a reaction.

I have tested almost all of the "lead" reactions. 0313 and 0243 react with 0137, but nothing else i have tried works. Almost none of the other lead colors react with anything in any significant way. Haven't tested them all, but I have tested quite a few of them with no apparent reaction.

Also, some of the copper/sulfur-selenium reactions don't show a reaction either.
lbailey

Post by lbailey »

Thanks Brad, I was afraid that might be the case but wanted to ask in case I had missed something in testing.
twin vision glass

Post by twin vision glass »

You know what gives a fabulous reaction is Robin Egg Blue and French Vanilla. Simply awesome
Give out Free Hugs!
twin vision glass

Post by twin vision glass »

php2N6kUIPM.jpg
phpSTqsgPPM.jpg
phpHQ2J7fPM.jpg
phpHQ2J7fPM.jpg (20.75 KiB) Viewed 8293 times
Give out Free Hugs!
lbailey

Post by lbailey »