crinklized cbs glass

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

Linda Hassur

crinklized cbs glass

Post by Linda Hassur »

I have been unable to get an answer from the CBS company regarding firing this glass in the kiln. I wanted to know if it needs to be capped with a clear glass or can it be fired without. Are there any problems with firing this glass as there is with dichroic (one side up or down) . It's too expensive to experiment so would appreciate any information others may have using this glass. Years ago I was on this forum quite a bit but haven't posted for years. I find like I have found my "old" friends and am anxious to start using all of the information available through it. thanks Linda
Brad Walker
Site Admin

Re: crinklized cbs glass

Post by Brad Walker »

It can be fired without being capped but the top surface will be quite rough.
Barry Kaiser

Post by Barry Kaiser »

I have had several occasions where small flecks of dichro coating popped around when fired.
Dick

Post by Dick »

Firing dichro down usually works better, plus never any sticking. I have had a little dichro pop off when face up. Problem is if you want to cap, you need to fire first as the dichro tends to bubble when capped