2020 Ornament Exchange

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

Brad Walker
Site Admin

2020 Ornament Exchange

Post by Brad Walker »

As some of you know, Warm Glass ran an annual "Magless Exchange" from 2002 to 2015. We thoroughly enjoyed seeing everyone’s creativity and techniques come alive in your magnets. We decided it is time to bring it back but change things up by doing ornaments this time! For those of you that would like to learn more or who might be interested in participating just check out this link: https://www.warmglass.com/ornaments
Kevin Midgley

Re: 2020 Ornament Exchange

Post by Kevin Midgley »

I like the requirement of a signature. I'll probably use one of my gold decals applied to an edge of the ornament so as to not detract from the design. The paper tags that were often glued on the back in previous magnet exchanges made it difficult to apply magnets. Obviously single layer edges will be extremely fragile so I hope they are not used by anyone without some framing with another layer around the outer edges. Thickened edges will make signing easier if edges are chosen to sign.
Thanks Brad, this could revitalize the board.
Joyce Walters

Post by Joyce Walters »

This is such good news.
Thank you.
Brad Walker
Site Admin

Post by Brad Walker »

Signup ends this Saturday, September 19th.

We have 32 persons so far, so room for a few more.
mpg

Post by mpg »

I'm working on my ornaments, and am wondering -- am I supposed to have a participant number to label them with? I received the email in mid-September that I need to send in 40 ornaments for the exchange, and that they should be placed in bags with my name and entry number.

thanks!
Michelle
Brad Walker
Site Admin

Post by Brad Walker »

No number needed. The email was mistaken.

But 40 is the right number.

Thanks and looking forward to seeing your ornaments. They're starting to come in already!
JestersBaubles

Post by JestersBaubles »

As a seasoned procrastinator I am proud to say mine are bagged and ready to box/ship -- EARLY! Of course, I submitted my entries tonight for a statewide competition 2.5 hours before the deadline (submissions have been open for a month).

Looking forward to seeing all the ornaments soon!

Dana W.