New Fused Tile Product

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

Dani

New Fused Tile Product

Post by Dani »

The latest issue of glass Magazine (the voice of the architectural glass industry) contains several articles about fused glass. One entitled, "Slumping Around" features UltraGlas, Inc. which has developed a new line of glass tiles and claims to have not only perfected the process, but to have introduced the process in the United States, after refining and modifying this old technology pioneered in Europe. I almost fell out of my chair laughing! All this since the mid-1980's. The tiles sell for $50-60 a square foot. They are also developing a line of glass floor tiles. This I found of interest since Nathan Allan Studios also had a full-page ad touting their new cast glass floor tiles. Sheesh, and I thought I was on to something thinking of using all my scrap to tile the bathroom floor. Oh, well.
Suzan

Post by Suzan »

That reminds me...I went to a large craft show last November. I browsed at one kiln-formed glass booths, and the fellow came over and said to me that his glass company was the ONLY one in Canada that uses compatible tested fusing glass. He obviously didn't notice that at least one other glasser at the show used Bullseye glass. Some people!

Cheers,
Suzan
dee

Post by dee »

Suzan wrote:That reminds me...I went to a large craft show last November. I browsed at one kiln-formed glass booths, and the fellow came over and said to me that his glass company was the ONLY one in Canada that uses compatible tested fusing glass. He obviously didn't notice that at least one other glasser at the show used Bullseye glass. Some people!

Cheers,
Suzan
lolol obviously he's never met brock ;P
D
Dee Janssen
Unicorn's Creations Studio
http://ucjewelry.com
dee@ucjewelry.com
Dani

Post by Dani »

So maybe Cheryl should do an article for a well-distributed glass magazine entitled, "The Biggest Lie In Fusing". And then proceed to give some history that is actually accurate. Then we can send copies of the article to all the liars. What do you think? :idea:
dee

Post by dee »

Dani wrote:So maybe Cheryl should do an article for a well-distributed glass magazine entitled, "The Biggest Lie In Fusing". And then proceed to give some history that is actually accurate. Then we can send copies of the article to all the liars. What do you think? :idea:
lolol wouldn't that stir the pot? ;P
D
Dee Janssen
Unicorn's Creations Studio
http://ucjewelry.com
dee@ucjewelry.com