Calendar's Here!!

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

Dani

Calendar's Here!!

Post by Dani »

I received one copy of the Got No Shame Glass Calendar just now!! Wow, you people are really daring!! ROFLO. :shock: Seriously, it is really great! Chip, you did a fantastic job. The layout is fabulous and has me thinking of next calendar.... How about Hunks of Glass? Or Babes in Glass Land? Glass Gods and Goddesses? And we have plenty of room for pictures of more artwork, or maglesses..... how about glass haikus since we're (in)famous for those?? But, always, always we should have that brilliantly innocuous cover... that innocent luring into the depths within where BAM!.... you will see more glass....not to mention other things.... than you ever wanted to see. Har! And Barbara.... I had no idea Mamakiln was your real mother! Help me, I'm having too much fun here!
Diane

Post by Diane »

OH MY GAWD....what a bunch of characters we are. How can those tools be COLD when the pictures are so HOT.
Great Job Chip, you'll keep me entertained ALL year =D>
"Daring Diane" :shock:
Dani

Post by Dani »

Hey, I thought I was Daring Dani.... but, upon closer examination, I'm actually DARNing Dani. ROFLO. A little Freudian Chip?? Next time I do this, it will be with glass knitting needles in hand. I can take a hint!! :wink:
Glenda Kronke

Calendars

Post by Glenda Kronke »

I just accosted the mailman... I have spent the last hour going over the photos.... :shock: some of you guys have pretty big tools!

I spent a good 45 minutes making up funny/lewd little comments for each picture but someone interrupted me and I lost my 'reply screen' and lost all those witty comments I made :evil:

Oh, well perhaps it wasn't meant to be, maybe I'm not as witty/funny as I thought....

I also would like to know if someone could post the screen names and/or last names of participants. (some of us don't know everyone :oops: )
I guess I could look for the original post.....

Back to work, the calendar is distracting.....me.

glnda
Marty

Post by Marty »

Amazing!

Jackie- never mind the skin- where's the dog?
Cheryl

I love it!!!!

Post by Cheryl »

(except for my own picture - yuk! who needs to diet, eh???) Dani, I can see you're taking your work to new heights ;) And is it just me, or does Doug look like Tony's cousin? And Brock, I hardly recognized you without your...hawaiian shirt...
Jackie Beckman

Re: I love it!!!!

Post by Jackie Beckman »

Cheryl wrote:And is it just me, or does Doug look like Tony's cousin? And Brock, I hardly recognized you without your...hawaiian shirt...
Ha! Cheryl how funny! No, it's not just you - my husband walked in when Tony was visiting and saidquietly to me, "They all look like Doug Randall to me"
Jackie Beckman

Post by Jackie Beckman »

Marty wrote:Amazing!

Jackie- never mind the skin- where's the dog?
Suit yourself, Marty :lol: Here ya go:

http://dell.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67 ... 4ea44ee445
Amy on Salt Spring

Post by Amy on Salt Spring »

NO FAIR--its probably going to be a week or more before I get mine. :cry: Jackie, great picture of Chevy. Snow is yummy.
-A
Tony Smith

Post by Tony Smith »

Just opened my new calendar. Awesome Job Chip!!!!! :D

I'll get a whole year of laughs and chuckles from this one...

Tony
The tightrope between being strange and being creative is too narrow to walk without occasionally landing on both sides..." Scott Berkun
Tony Smith

Post by Tony Smith »

Jackie Beckman wrote:Ha! Cheryl how funny! No, it's not just you - my husband walked in when Tony was visiting and saidquietly to me, "They all look like Doug Randall to me"
I don't mind being compared to Doug... after all, he's a handsome guy... it was when your husband was looking at my glass bowl and turned to you and said "can I go now?" that I thought was funny. :wink:

Tony
The tightrope between being strange and being creative is too narrow to walk without occasionally landing on both sides..." Scott Berkun
Jackie Beckman

Post by Jackie Beckman »

Tony Smith wrote:
Jackie Beckman wrote:Ha! Cheryl how funny! No, it's not just you - my husband walked in when Tony was visiting and saidquietly to me, "They all look like Doug Randall to me"
I don't mind being compared to Doug... after all, he's a handsome guy... it was when your husband was looking at my glass bowl and turned to you and said "can I go now?" that I thought was funny. :wink:

Tony
Ha - he doesn't hide his lack of interest very well, does he? Today I came in all excited and said, "Do you want to come see the new panels I just took out of the kiln?" He was in front of the open fridge eating some jello from the serving bowl and looked at me but didn't answer. I said "Did you want to see these new panels?" and finally he said "I'm thinking." :doubt:
Tony Smith

Post by Tony Smith »

now if it was a dirt racer in the desert..... :twisted:
Chip

Post by Chip »

Tony Smith wrote:Just opened my new calendar. Awesome Job Chip!!!!! :D

I'll get a whole year of laughs and chuckles from this one...

Tony
Thanks Tony, and everyone. Brad did a lot of the work too!!

I have been busting ever since I saw them. I didn't want to "give anything away!" but just reading everyone's comments makes me smile.

I will be sleeping now for about 2 months!

Dani, yes, I saw that mistake, but it wasn't in the original proof set. I wonder what happened?? I liked the "Daring Dani" much better, fit much better with the picture you have.

Jackie, it took all in my power not to submit a photoshopped version of your pic for the back cover!! :roll: LOL You too Bert!! :shock:

I hope you all enjoy them. They are ALL in the mail now. All who ordered more than 1 copy should be seeing them very soon.

All the folks from Canada, Australia, Germany, Brazil and Israel, they were sent via Air Mail and you should be seeing them soon too!! :)
Chip
Micah 6.8
Jackie Beckman

Post by Jackie Beckman »

Jackie, it took all in my power not to submit a photoshopped version of your pic for the back cover!!
I thought we agreed you'd photoshop in the Britanny Bod image I sent!! :lol:
Rebecca M.

Post by Rebecca M. »

Oh my! I don't think you charged enough. I never had a calendar that I had to hide in another room to look at. :lol:
'Buff'ing, sanding without a belt, 2 kiln goddesses, diamond hand pads in the raw.......I think Doc Steve needs to check my pulse!

Chip, Brad excellent job!!! Thanks to all those who participated. This is great!
Tony Smith

Post by Tony Smith »

Speaking of photoshop Dani, it looks like your legs are missing!!! And I thought you really were "daring"!

Tony :?
Alecia Helton

Post by Alecia Helton »

Thumbing through the calendar is as much fun as unpacking my maglesses. Congrats to all who worked on it. You did a great job. I would like to be able to put faces with user names. anyone want to fess up.

Alecia
Alecia Helton
Wear Original Wonders!
Carrollton TX
Dani

Post by Dani »

Tony Smith wrote:Speaking of photoshop Dani, it looks like your legs are missing!!! And I thought you really were "daring"!

Tony :?
At MY age, you must be kidding!! Actually, the bottom halves are on the roof. I'm kneeling and the equipment is twice as tall in real life, as am I! And now that I'm finished being flabbergasted by all the skin.... I'm starting to notice some of the subtler not to mention brilliant inclusions. Like the fantastic American Gothic redux! And the example of camera obscura from the wise and wonderful Sara and David! Okay, back to the skin. Why did some of you forget to wear underwear?? :shock:
Tony Smith

Post by Tony Smith »

I absolutely LOVE Ellen and Mark's American Gothic... what a classic... and you're not that old, so stop saying "at my age".

Tony Smith (who is sharing November with our Norwegian goddess Siw Eek)