Calendar's Here!!

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

Amy on Salt Spring

Post by Amy on Salt Spring »

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Am I the last one??? Just one day after you Brock, that ain't too bad for a remote island!! Well since I am the LAST to get it, here are my thoughts on a few:

Great job Chip! and everyone who participated. I will enjoy this calendar for a long time...well until next March!

Amy, what were you talking about, you look adorable!
Ellen and Mark, that shot could totally have gotten you into the NGR!!!
Doc Steve are you getting a pulse?
Rob, how many Corona's did you have exactly?
Doug, I can tell by your expression whether or not you are wearing anything under that apron.
Double D's, you deserved to have a whole month
Jackie, you are making me think about playing for the other team if you know what I mean! :wink: :wink:
Lisa, I still think you look like a coldworking Princess Leia with a baby wookie.
Tony, the bedroom eyes plus the mask...interesting effect, I'll be discussing this with my husband.
Siw, LOVE the crown
Bert, what exactly do you teach in your classes????!!!
Avery, are those sculptures on the right made out of white frit?
Brock, I stopped at this one and laughed for a good five minutes. I am SO going to take a coldworking class from you someday--I just want a seat with a better angle than the camera had.
Dani, now that is a piece of coldworking machinery--what exactly does it do?
Rosanna and Tony--who told you that coldworking had to be taken so literally?

Thanks for all the fun!!
Amy
Amy Schleif-Mohr

Post by Amy Schleif-Mohr »

No you are not! I haven't gotten mine yet. (*&^*&%^%$^%#!!!!!!!!

Amy
Amy on Salt Spring

Oh poor Amy--in far off remote Milwaukee!! I can't believe I got mine before you. Does your mailman have sticky fingers and love glass by any chance?
Amy
Amy Schleif-Mohr

No, I just live in the hood...
Rotating mail people.
a
Brock

Post by Brock »

Amy Schleif-Mohr wrote:No, I just live in the hood...
Rotating mail people.
a
Well . . . if your dogs would stop eating them . . .
My memory is so good, I can't remember the last time I forgot something . . .
Amy Schleif-Mohr

Well, that's not my fault...they are the one's who like to come up to the house...:)
Amy on Salt Spring

Just showed the calendar to my husband. He was really interested in all the coldworking equipment until we got to October... :wink:
Amy
Jackie Beckman

Post by Jackie Beckman »

Amy on Salt Spring wrote:Just showed the calendar to my husband. He was really interested in all the coldworking equipment until we got to October... :wink:
Amy
I've been waiting for Ron C to say, "Jackie - about your picture in the calendar . . . I want more information about your air sander!" (I guess you had to be around for the first magnet exchange to get that joke - )
Jackie Beckman

Post by Jackie Beckman »

Amy on Salt Spring wrote:Just showed the calendar to my husband. He was really interested in all the coldworking equipment until we got to October... :wink:
Amy
Ha! If he read what you wrote about "playing for the other team" you're probably in for a fun weekend! :twisted: Too funny woman - you are just too funny tonight!
Alecia Helton

Post by Alecia Helton »

Did Lisa ever get hers?

Alecia
Alecia Helton
Wear Original Wonders!
Carrollton TX
Tony Smith

Post by Tony Smith »

Jackie Beckman wrote:
Amy
I've been waiting for Ron C to say, "Jackie - about your picture in the calendar . . . I want more information about your air sander!" (I guess you had to be around for the first magnet exchange to get that joke - )
I just remember my first conversation with you. "Great piece of glass Jackie... where did you get the cool box?" :D

Tony
The tightrope between being strange and being creative is too narrow to walk without occasionally landing on both sides..." Scott Berkun
Jackie Beckman

Post by Jackie Beckman »

Tony Smith wrote:
Jackie Beckman wrote:
Amy
I just remember my first conversation with you. "Great piece of glass Jackie... where did you get the cool box?" :D

Tony
At least you MENTIONED the glass! :lol:
Ron Coleman

Post by Ron Coleman »

Jackie Beckman wrote:
Amy
I remember that one Jackie. Let's see, it was "Pillow boxes" wasn't it.

Now about your air grinder, how many cfm does it consume @ 90 psi?

:lol:
PDXBarbara

Post by PDXBarbara »

------------------------------------------------------------------------Hey Chip.. got my second calendar Wednesday... yay Oregon...
Barbara
Barbara Bader
Diane

Post by Diane »

I'm writing for my other half, "Demure Donna", because she is too busy pouting in the corner. [-( She probably could have walked to Chips from New Hampshire faster then her calendar is taking to get to her. Still nothing in her mailbox. It's probably with the same mail carrier that has her tax refund. Luckily she is at my house today and was able to see my copy. We may share the month but she wants her OWN copy of the calendar.
Lisa Allen

Post by Lisa Allen »

Alecia Helton wrote:Did Lisa ever get hers?

Alecia
Got it!!!! And, love it, you guys are great and much more daring than I.

Lisa
Lisa Allen
http://www.lisa-allen.com
Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.
Brock

Post by Brock »

Lisa Allen wrote:
Alecia Helton wrote:Did Lisa ever get hers?

Alecia
Got it!!!! And, love it, you guys are great and much more daring than I.

Lisa
Next time Lisa. Now we've set the bar. Brock
My memory is so good, I can't remember the last time I forgot something . . .
DonnaS

Post by DonnaS »

YAHOO...I feel like Steve Martin in that movie when he find's his name in the phone book and screams...I"M SOMEBODY. :D
YIPPPEEE...FINALLY got my calender today. (even though I was able to peek at Dianes yesterday)
I feel very proud to have my own copy to share with friends and family.
Everyone is great in the calender and as always, looks like they are having fun.(wink wink , some...a litle TOO much fun) :wink: I certainly hope there weren't too many drafts around some of those photo shots.
Great job everyone
Demure Donna
Cold glass....warmed by the heart
Amy on Salt Spring

DonnaS wrote:Everyone is great in the calender and as always, looks like they are having fun.(wink wink , some...a litle TOO much fun) :wink: I certainly hope there weren't too many drafts around some of those photo shots.
Looks whose talking bikini babe!
Amy
Diane

Post by Diane »

the night we took that pcture of us toasting the "Kiln Gods' , it was about 15 BELOW zero with an even lower wind chill and NO heat in my shop. It was just a BIT nipply, opps..I mean nippy out there. :twisted: