Question on liability ins and copy right for slumped bottles

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

tel

Question on liability ins and copy right for slumped bottles

Post by tel »

I also put this on the business board....

I am taking slumped wine bottles and booze bottles and am going to sell them as cheese trays. I am looking into liability ins. because it's a glass product I'm selling and they ins agent is asking weather the booze bottles ie: Grey Goose, Absolute etc will prove to be a copy right problem or not something they can cover with insurance. Anyone else run into this problem?????? I appreciate all input. Thank you!

Tess :roll:
charlie

Post by charlie »

no, there's no copyright problem. you're not making new ones. you're reselling their product.

whether you have liability if a bottle breaks and cuts someone is a different story.
tel

Post by tel »

Thank you Charlie, I would hate to have them come after me.

After all, I am just taking them out of the trash and using them! I wish I could find a whole bunch of them somewhere.

Tess
Carol B

Post by Carol B »

tel wrote:After all, I am just taking them out of the trash and using them! I wish I could find a whole bunch of them somewhere.

Tess
Make friends with someone who owns a bar. I have a deal going that for every 10 bottles I am given I give one back slumped.
Carol B
tel

Post by tel »

Hi! That I've done, and we are getting a couple a week, I just wish I had more. Greedy - I know!

Tess

Hey, what do you use in the necks for hanging? 20 gauge copper wire or something else?