Higher C.O.E. sheet glass question

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

CMWarren

Higher C.O.E. sheet glass question

Post by CMWarren »

I have heard that you can get fusing glass in 104 C.O.E. but have not been able to find it. The reason is i have a design is basied out of 104 Morritti Glass rods, and was hesitant to just glue them to each other with out a glass surface until it to make it more stury.

I was wondering if anyone had ever heard of or used 104 sheet glass for fusing, and if so, if they would perhaps know where one might buy it.

Looking for a way to use all ym morritti rods since i have strayed away from flameworking to play with my new kiln.

Cory
charlie

Post by charlie »

i think morretti makes sheet glass. 2 years ago someone used it for their magless.
Kim Bellis

Post by Kim Bellis »

Corey:
You can get Moretti Sheets at http://www.arrowsprings.com/html/moretti.html. I've used Arrowsprings before for my rods and really like the service!

Post a pic when you finish your project
Kim
Stuart Clayman

Post by Stuart Clayman »

Charlie,
Carolyn Leadbetter was the one that did our names last year. It was done with Moretti sheets and letter canes.

Stuart
Kiln Repair by a Clayman kilnrepair@yahoo.com
Glassworks by a Clayman
http://www.GlassArtists.org/GlassworksByAClayman
CMWarren

Post by CMWarren »

I acutally used the design I had created for the glass rods for a final project in a fusing course I am finishing. Instead I made it out of a clear base, and black iradised glass for part of the design, though when done with rods it will be solid color. I just filled it in with frit to make it level. Here is the picture to show what im going for, though the design with rods is more filled and a little more exact.

I am planning to do it either with a white base, once I get the glass, and get my kilned moved from my grandmothers shop to my garage, as I find it hard to use my kiln when i have so much to do at home, so im moving it, and this is my planned first project after the move. This is three layers, and was done in a faily large kiln but im going to do it in my little 8 inch kiln as i have figured out how to turn it so it will fit on my 7 inch shelf. Will be glad when I have space for a larger kiln, and the money to buy one :0)

Wonders if my teacher is lurking around as I type this, yes I am working on my report, just got to find a artist first to use :0)

Cory
Rebecca M.

Post by Rebecca M. »

This guy sells on Ebay. He has some 104COE sheet glass.
http://stores.ebay.com/Moretti-and-More
I bought some from him to do something a bit similar to what you're doing, only I wanted to fuse millefiori to the sheet glass for jewelry.