Copyrights?

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

Jack Bowman

Copyrights?

Post by Jack Bowman »

As discussed in the "Inspiration" thread, I have been accused of copying some one else.

Here are pictures of the piece in question. They are the square wavy plate. I have not seen the pieces that are claimed to have been copied. The blank for this piece was made before I had even seen any of the work of the accuser.

The frit is random, but I did place the 1/8" stringer (which I helped make) in a pattern that I thought would be pleasing. I even think it may be part of the alphabet used on the second largest moon of the third planet in the Antarian System, the alpha star in Scorpio.

Seriously, I think this peice is so generic that any claim of copying is absurd. I also find it hard to believe that this looks so much like her work as to cause confusion "as to who the artist is". Her words, it's pretty crafty to me.

http://makeashorterlink.com/?B23D54EB7

Any thoughts?

Jack
Robyn Alexander

Post by Robyn Alexander »

Much as I want to see it, I eventually get an error....
"The File You Are Looking For Is Inaccessible"
Jack Bowman

Post by Jack Bowman »

Robyn Alexander wrote:Much as I want to see it, I eventually get an error....
"The File You Are Looking For Is Inaccessible"
Try again, I forgot to turn "sharing" on.

Jack
Bert Weiss

Post by Bert Weiss »

Jack

I'd sure like to see the piece she thinks was copied. I bet it isn't even close.
Bert

Bert Weiss Art Glass*
http://www.customartglass.com
Furniture Lighting Sculpture Tableware
Architectural Commissions
Tim Swann

Post by Tim Swann »

It would be pretty hard to press a copywrite case on such a random generic pattern. A copy write is somewhat like a design patent. You have to match almost exactly the unique design.

Tim
Marty

Post by Marty »

Jack- You know you didn't copy it- move on.
I got accused of copying way back when I made stained glass boxes with shells and rocks in the top. Yeah, I thought I'd invented those too.
Marty
Rebecca M.

Post by Rebecca M. »

Jack, you should turn it upside down, call it 'Snowboarder' and sell it for 3 times as much. Then turn to her and say, 'nyah, nyah, nyah'.

She sounds like a miserable person to be picking on that. Is she the kind who runs around looking at other people's work while making noises like 'humph'?
Tim Swann

Post by Tim Swann »

Any photos of what she is claiming you copied?

Tim