New Orleans

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

Katia T.

New Orleans

Post by Katia T. »

Hi
I am going to New Orleans for a week next april.
Of course I will spend lots of time lookimg at all the wonderfull work of Andrew Brott, and I was thinking if there are other galleries I must see...
Any sugestions?
Thanks
Katia
Stuart Clayman

Post by Stuart Clayman »

There is lots of glass there. Mark Rosenbloom is a blower, Lighthouse Glass, makes cast pieces. And there are other artist there. Do a google search on Art Glass in New Orleans. There also were some night galleries downtown.

Enjoy
Kiln Repair by a Clayman kilnrepair@yahoo.com
Glassworks by a Clayman
http://www.GlassArtists.org/GlassworksByAClayman
dee

Re: New Orleans

Post by dee »

Katia T. wrote:Hi
I am going to New Orleans for a week next april.
Of course I will spend lots of time lookimg at all the wonderfull work of Andrew Brott, and I was thinking if there are other galleries I must see...
Any sugestions?
Thanks
Katia
we were there in early july a couple of years ago - yeah i know, kinda the wrong time of year for "nawlans" but there is a glass gallery with glass blowing studio i think over on magazine st - not in the french quarter....
of course they weren;t blowing glass in july down there, can't imagine why :?
D
Dee Janssen
Unicorn's Creations Studio
http://ucjewelry.com
dee@ucjewelry.com
Carole Burton

New Oleans

Post by Carole Burton »

Dee .... Think you are right it is on Magazine Street . Is that not the Garden District ? I read about it a while back as I remember think they teach too.. It is quite a studio. Sure would be worth checking out.

Carole..S.C.

Oh! for some good shrimp creole or an oyster loaf (dressed). Coffee at Cafe Dumonde overlooking the Mississippi River is wonderful, too...........yum yum
Richard Sinning

Post by Richard Sinning »

New Orleans School of Glass Works and Gallery
727 Magazine Street
New Orleans, LA 70130
U.S.A.

This school contains a gallery that exhibits glass artwork by both local and international artists. Students demonstrate glass blowing, casting and coldworking procedures. The demonstrations are Mon.-Sat. 11-5, Sept.-May and Mon.-Fri. 11-5, the rest of the year, closed on all major holidays.

and be sure to stop in at Jacques Imos, yum yum and down the street is the River Shack Tavern, fun fun
Richard
dee

Re: New Oleans

Post by dee »

Carole Burton wrote:Dee .... Think you are right it is on Magazine Street . Is that not the Garden District ? I read about it a while back as I remember think they teach too.. It is quite a studio. Sure would be worth checking out.

Carole..S.C.

Oh! for some good shrimp creole or an oyster loaf (dressed). Coffee at Cafe Dumonde overlooking the Mississippi River is wonderful, too...........yum yum
no but the garden district is close - we did a walking tour one day when we were there, great houses, just need to find watering holes periodically ;P
D
Dee Janssen
Unicorn's Creations Studio
http://ucjewelry.com
dee@ucjewelry.com
Katia T.

Post by Katia T. »

Thanks
I am sure i will have a god time!
Katia
PS I will eat some jambalaia thinking of you all...
Cynthia

Post by Cynthia »

Katia T. wrote:Thanks
I am sure i will have a god time!
Katia
PS I will eat some jambalaia thinking of you all...
And Po'Boy's and beignets and andouille sausage and crayfish by the bucket...do you have any weight issues? Let 'em go for this trip...take your stretchy pants, it'll be more comfy.
charlie holden

Post by charlie holden »

Are you going to be there for Jazz Fest? Last weekend in April, first weekend in May. If not then just stay for it. It is the best time of year to be there. Unbelievable music and the food is overwhelming. Then if you can hang on till June you can go to the Glass Art Society conference.

See the Renaissance New Orleans Arts Hotel. Big Chihuly stuff and Mitchell Gaudet for local flavor. Then go to Rock N Bowl for late night ten pens and blues.

ch