When looking for a used kiln

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

Richard Sinning

When looking for a used kiln

Post by Richard Sinning »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... egory=3102

Found this link interesing when searching for a used kiln.
Richard
Stuart Clayman

Post by Stuart Clayman »

All I know about it was that it was made years ago and no longer made. I have heard about them so it was interesteing to see one.

Stuart
Kiln Repair by a Clayman kilnrepair@yahoo.com
Glassworks by a Clayman
http://www.GlassArtists.org/GlassworksByAClayman
travisraybold

Post by travisraybold »

so _that's_ how you make microwave safe glass ;)

--travis
Kelly & Charlie MacMu

Post by Kelly & Charlie MacMu »

So can it cook a chicken :lol:
Lynn g

Post by Lynn g »

I still have mine (bought it at a glass conference in Las Vegas or Reno...can't remember) and use it occasionally. It is very fast, you can't include any metal (because it goes in the microwave), fusing space is extremely limited, and it's incosistent in firing (if you want to make a pair of earrings, it';s best if they are small enough to be fired at the same time, or you may never end up with a matched pair). But it's a nice quickie for doing, say, eyes for a stained glass or mosaic project, etc. Gloves or hot pads and a fireproof surface to set it on once it comes out of the microwave are a must...I charred my cutting board by setting the lid on it! (It never did any damage to my microwave, though!) They lost out to the QuickFire type of electric kiln when those came on the market. But they were fun, cheap and for some people (like me) sparked an interest in fusing. Ah...memories.
Lynn g
"Patriotism is not enough, I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone." - Dame Edith Cavell