Looking for Earring Findings

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

Alecia Helton

Looking for Earring Findings

Post by Alecia Helton »

At a show last weekend, several customers came by looking for a fused glass jeweler who had done the show in previous years. They were specifically requesting a type of earring that I have been unable to find in any of my wholesale catalogs. It is a hoop that wraps several times and the glass dangles from one of the hoops.

Is anyone familiar with this finding? Can you tell me where I can find it?

Thanks.

Alecia
Alecia Helton
Wear Original Wonders!
Carrollton TX
Stuart Clayman

Post by Stuart Clayman »

Alecia,
I don't understand " that wraps several times and the glass dangles from one of the hoops".
I assume the you are not talking about the french hook ear wires. Are you talking about wrapping like that one the wire tightly on top of the loop? I am assuming that you mean that the wire is not wrapped tightly since it is making multiple hoops.
I assume that you have looked in the Rio Grande cat. I have checked the Rings and Things cat and can't find them. I have access to an Eastern Findings cat that I can check on Wed if you would like for me to look.

Stuart
Kiln Repair by a Clayman kilnrepair@yahoo.com
Glassworks by a Clayman
http://www.GlassArtists.org/GlassworksByAClayman
Kitty

Post by Kitty »

i think i know what you mean. what i'm thinking of is one loop about the size of a nickle, and an interior one that is smaller, with the 2 connected at the top, and the piece of glass hanging inside. i dont buy that part, but ive seen it, so try rings n things, fire mtn gems, and rio grande. good luck in your quest.
Alecia Helton

Post by Alecia Helton »

Kitty,

That's a good description. I've tried Rio Grande, but not RingsN Things. I'll check them.

Thanks,

Alecia
Alecia Helton
Wear Original Wonders!
Carrollton TX
Alecia Helton

Post by Alecia Helton »

Stuart,

No, it's not a French wire. Kitty did a much better job describing it than I did. I'm going to check Rings n Things. Thnaks for responding.

Alecia
Alecia Helton
Wear Original Wonders!
Carrollton TX