Glass Glue - WarmGlass.com

Glass Glue

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Tony Smith, Brad Walker

LDGlass

Glass Glue

Postby LDGlass » Mon Apr 05, 2004 10:47 pm

I have not been able to find the perfect way to bond a silver bail to the back of a fused glass pendant. Can someone suggest a type of glue or epoxy that works best for them? I have been using 2-part epoxy but I've noticed that it doesn't take too much force to separate it from the glass. Any suggestions are greatly appreciate. Thanks in advance! :lol:

Cher

Postby Cher » Mon Apr 05, 2004 11:01 pm

Don't know about perfect, but E6000 gets recommended a lot. Trick with that is to leave it alone for 24 hours. (sets quicker than that) silicone is also highly recommended. Good luck.
>^..^<

Paul Tarlow

Re: Glass Glue

Postby Paul Tarlow » Mon Apr 05, 2004 11:33 pm

There are many, many threads on this in the archive.

You may want to start here:

http://www.warmglass.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=829

- Paul

Laura Dawson wrote:I have not been able to find the perfect way to bond a silver bail to the back of a fused glass pendant. Can someone suggest a type of glue or epoxy that works best for them? I have been using 2-part epoxy but I've noticed that it doesn't take too much force to separate it from the glass. Any suggestions are greatly appreciate. Thanks in advance! :lol:

Claudia Whitten

Postby Claudia Whitten » Mon Apr 05, 2004 11:58 pm

Laura,
I had the same problem with pendants. I found that the earrings worked just fine with the 2 part epoxys. For the pendants I have changed to Dymax 621. I have been very pleased with it. I use an activator with it 535-A. I got my glue from Dewey Associates, 1-800-448-2306.
They will not come apart and they set up fast. I have to be careful to get them right the first time. Claudia
It's not the destination but the journey that feeds the soul.

Return to “Techniques and Tools”