Newbie ??

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

robi

Newbie ??

Post by robi »

Hi Everyone,
I am new to fusing and this is my 1st post. I am Impatiently and excitedly waiting for my Jen-ken kiln to be delivered, which I bought for annealing my beads but am quite eager to fuse as well. I plan on taking a class or two but would love to pick up a few beginning fusing books, so I may start playing and breaking in my new toy. :oops: My question is: of the many books available, which ones do you all think would be the best to start with. Took me forever to decide on what kiln I wanted to start with (as I know I will be getting a bigger one later on). Thanks in advance for all your help. Have been a lurker here for a while and have learned soo much from everyone. :lol: Thank you!!!
Robin
Lynn g

Post by Lynn g »

Welcome to fusing, Robi! Get Brad's Warm Glass book...I wish I hadn't waited so long to get my copy. I also like Gil Reynolds' "Fused Glass Handbook" (see Fusion HQ link above) and Petra Kaiser's "Introduction to Glass Fusing"...both very project-oriented and applicable to all sizes of kilns.

Have fun!
Lynn g
"Patriotism is not enough, I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone." - Dame Edith Cavell
Cher

Post by Cher »

Along with the excellent books mentioned above, Don' miss the tutorial right here right now at WARMGLASS.com! It's da bomb!
>^..^<
robi

Post by robi »

Lynn,
Thanks for links and quick reply on books> Checked em out. Will definitely get brads warm glass book and probably the intro to fusing
I'm sure those will keep me pretty busy till kiln arrives. Thank you

YoDuh, Thanks for info on tutorial~ will check it out.

Time to spend and learn!!!
Thank you Thank you 8)
Robin