Burgundy dichroic

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

MABeads

Burgundy dichroic

Post by MABeads »

:roll: Hi all,
I have not been on for a long time and I was trying to search the archives for an answer but they are not that current.
I want to make something in burgundy using dichroic. Just a pendant size piece. Has anyone figured out a good comb of dichro and a flash color to make burgundy?
Thanks,
Mary Anne
GlassOrchid

dichro color

Post by GlassOrchid »

that's a tough one..... the closest color I can think of in art glass would be cranberry or deep plum (1311 or 1105) but for dichro it's difficult. Perhaps black cherry on clear on one of the art glasses above? There really is no dichro that color but if you play with a combo of art glass and dichro on clear you might be able to hit something close to what you want...

Luck,
Nancy
Kitty

Post by Kitty »

i agree with nancy. whatever "burgundy" means, that range is achieved with cranberry as a base, and sometimes with BE gold/purple as the base, then one of these CBS colors, on clear: dark dark red, black cherry, or dark red. if you put a little overlay of neo-lavender on top, it will be a little more of a wine color. red earrings didnt sell for years, but now they do, which is how i happen to know about these combinations. i make everything out of thin glass, and within the word "thin," i get the thinnest sheets available. makes for better blended colors, and less weight. maybe you can buy a sample square of black cherry from CBS and try it on different base colors, see what u think.
MABeads

Post by MABeads »

I have a piece of black cherry CBS dichro on black. I am trying it with neo lav. on top right now. If I get a wine color that is fine. Had not thought of the clear black cherry, that is a good suggestion. Maybe even on a deep rose opaque, or maybe one of the blues. Burgundy is a bluer shade of red so it might work.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Mary Anne
KatyPattison

Post by KatyPattison »

CBS rainbow (I think premium) has one section in it that might be considered "burgundy". Finding the exact section could be tricky though!

Katy