Precut BE numbers?

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

Bev Brandt

Precut BE numbers?

Post by Bev Brandt »

I'm posting this for a fusing friend of mine who only has a Hotmail email address. I'm not really sure of such an animal exists, but she's looking for a source for pre-cut numbers in Bullseye. One of our local suppliers had stars (I have a sneaky feeling they sent out for those to be waterjet cut) but no numerics.

I'm sure she's looking for something pre-cut because she doesn't want to piece together an "8" for example. If you know of such a thing or if you have suggestions, please email me and I'll pass them along to my friend.

Thanks,

Bev B.
Brad Walker
Site Admin

Re: Precut BE numbers?

Post by Brad Walker »

Bev Brandt wrote:I'm posting this for a fusing friend of mine who only has a Hotmail email address. I'm not really sure of such an animal exists, but she's looking for a source for pre-cut numbers in Bullseye. One of our local suppliers had stars (I have a sneaky feeling they sent out for those to be waterjet cut) but no numerics.

I'm sure she's looking for something pre-cut because she doesn't want to piece together an "8" for example. If you know of such a thing or if you have suggestions, please email me and I'll pass them along to my friend.
I'm not aware of anyone that has precut numbers for sale. They would almost certainly be waterjet cut if they were available.

There are several other ways to form elaborate shapes such as numbers. One is to cut the reverse of the shape in fiber paper, board, or silica/plaster and fill the holes with frit, then fire to full fuse. Another is to apply Klyr-fire or glue to sheet glass in the desired shape and then sprinkle on powder or small frit. Finally, there are techniques such as screen printing or sandblasting.
John Groth

Post by John Groth »

I specilize in cutting glass with a waterjet
I can cut custom letters & numbers & shapes out of Bullseye, Dicro,...
How big?
How thick?
How many?
What color glass & item #?
John
waterjet@pcez.com
Carole Burton

precut BE numbers?

Post by Carole Burton »

John has done some things for me and aims to please. He is nice to deal with. On top of all of that he give fast service. Carole
Bev Brandt

Post by Bev Brandt »

Thank you for the tips. I'll pass them along.
Bev Brandt
Lani McGregor

Re: precut BE numbers?

Post by Lani McGregor »

Carole Burton wrote:John has done some things for me and aims to please. He is nice to deal with. On top of all of that he give fast service. Carole
Ditto!

John's worked with Bullseye on a number of very tricky artist projects and always been terrific to work with! - Lani