Warm Glass Conference 2003

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

Brad Walker
Site Admin

Warm Glass Conference 2003

Post by Brad Walker »

I've finally settled on dates and location for the 2003 Warm Glass Weekend conference. It will be held from Sept 11 to 13 at the Quality Suites in Arlington, Virginia (Washington, DC suburb).

More details to come.
Last edited by Brad Walker on Wed May 21, 2003 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brock

Post by Brock »

Fantastic Brad, that's great news. See you there. Brock
My memory is so good, I can't remember the last time I forgot something . . .
Patty Gray

Post by Patty Gray »

Hi Brad,

Thank you for the dates and location, really looking forward to attending. Let us know if there is anything any of us can do to help this year with the conference.

Thanks,

Patty
http://www.pattygray.com
rosanna gusler

Post by rosanna gusler »

WHOOO HOOOOO!!!!!!! blocked out on my calendar! barring a hurricaine, i will be there! rosanna
Bert Weiss

Post by Bert Weiss »

I can drive to this one Yippee =D>
Bert

Bert Weiss Art Glass*
http://www.customartglass.com
Furniture Lighting Sculpture Tableware
Architectural Commissions
Tony Smith

Post by Tony Smith »

Great news Brad \:D/ ... looking forward to the rest of the details.

Tony
The tightrope between being strange and being creative is too narrow to walk without occasionally landing on both sides..." Scott Berkun
Diane

Post by Diane »

I can't think of a better way to celebrate my birthday...YAHOOOOO
I wanted to go last year but now with it even closer, I'm going to do what ever I need to do to get there. YIPPEEEEEE :D :D :D
Diane
Linda Cardell

2003 conference

Post by Linda Cardell »

Brad, that's great news that the 2003 conference is on the East coast... I stand a much better chance of finally getting to attend! Is it your plan to have it in a different locality each year?

I hope everyone will forgive me if I don't seem to follow BB etiquette at first.. this is my very first BB posting - EVER - and I know there are things I'll need to learn. But I'm looking forward to it and I'll do my best to catch on quickly.
Brad Walker
Site Admin

Re: 2003 conference

Post by Brad Walker »

Linda Cardell wrote:Brad, that's great news that the 2003 conference is on the East coast... I stand a much better chance of finally getting to attend! Is it your plan to have it in a different locality each year?

I hope everyone will forgive me if I don't seem to follow BB etiquette at first.. this is my very first BB posting - EVER - and I know there are things I'll need to learn. But I'm looking forward to it and I'll do my best to catch on quickly.
One of the things that people asked for after last year was that I would look at the possibility of hosting a conference on the east coast. DC seemed to make sense because of the number of warm glass people in the area. I haven't decided if the locality will change every year (or even if there will be an "every year"), but it's great to hear that the east coast might work for you!

And thanks for coming out of the shadows to post -- I'm sure you'll catch on quickly and be an expert on posting before too much longer.
Colin & Helen

Re: 2003 conference

Post by Colin & Helen »

Brad Walker wrote:
Linda Cardell wrote:Brad, that's great news that the 2003 conference Is it your plan to have it in a different locality each year?
Oh if only the location could change each year.. and by some chance of fate end up in the other Albany......... I do realize that this will never happen ..but one I can dream. can't one . it's a bit like getting all six numbers in Lotto...just another pipe dream....

Dreaming in Fredericktown**.. now renamed the other Albany..

**Lisa this could be another trivia question
Deb Libby

Post by Deb Libby »

\:D/ Yippee! Knew there was a reason why I was keeping Sept. free of shows this year .... it just sometimes takes awhile for that reason to make itself known. I'll be there!
Sara

Re: Warm Glass Conference 2003

Post by Sara »

Brad Walker wrote:I've finally settled on dates and location for the 2003 Warm Glass Weekend conference. It will be held from Sept 11 to 13 at the Quality Suites in Arlington, Virginia (Washington, DC suburb).

More details to come.
Yo Brad, Deb Libby is already tempting me 'cause Dee Janssen and I will be doing a show in on the east coast the weekend before, saving me all that travel time. am anxious to hear about the "more details to come" . . . classes? competitions? rabble rousing?

Hopefully see ya there . . . S
Kathie Karancz

Post by Kathie Karancz »

:D
Yeh!!! Can hardly wait. Gotta start saving those US bucks again. Thanks so much Brad for your hard work. My glass experience last year and the one in September of this year are priceless!!! See you then and I am looking forward to meeting new people and seeing familiar faces.
Kathie from Calgary
Diane

Post by Diane »

Any idea when we'll have more details?
Cost? Classes? Special events?
Inquiring minds want to know... :D
Diane
Brad Walker
Site Admin

Post by Brad Walker »

Diane wrote:Any idea when we'll have more details?
Cost? Classes? Special events?
Inquiring minds want to know... :D
Diane
Hopefully within two weeks, maybe less.

Thanks for asking.
twins

Post by twins »

Hello :lol: My twin sister Melanie Rowe and I would love more info on the conference. We are fusers and kiln casters. Although it is a plane ride away; it is so important to keep in touch with the other artists that hold our passion.
Kathie Karancz

Post by Kathie Karancz »

:D
Yeh, finally get to meet the Twins!!! I have heard so much about you guys. When are you coming to Calgary to teach again???
Kathie from Calgary
Cheryl

Different from BE conference?

Post by Cheryl »

Just checking my own sanity. This is different than the Oct. BE conference, right? Details on that?
Brad Walker
Site Admin

Re: Different from BE conference?

Post by Brad Walker »

Cheryl wrote:Just checking my own sanity. This is different than the Oct. BE conference, right? Details on that?
Bullseye is having a conference called BECon in Portland in early August. This conference, which is the first of its type, is for educator. You must apply to participate. More details at this website: http://www.beconference.com/

In addition (and not related to BE's conference at all), the Warm Glass website is putting on a conference in the Washington DC area this September 11 to 13. This will be the second conference, the first was held last year in Portland. Registration for this event is open to anyone, and will begin next week. More details will be available next week.

Hope this helps.
twins

Post by twins »

Perhaps someone could discuss Mold Mix 6 and all the wonderful things that can be created with this very versitile product: from push molds for lampwoking, to Large Kiln cast 3 dimensial pieces. Food for thought! Speaking of which, I better go have dinner!!!!