Palo Alto CA Galleries

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

LesleyNolan

Palo Alto CA Galleries

Post by LesleyNolan »

I will be traveling to the Palo Alto, CA area for a week in July to visit family. They are not interested in art so they would not be a good source of galleries.
I would love some pointers for the area maybe San Jose as well.
Thanks,
Lesley
Terry Ow-Wing

Re: Palo Alto CA Galleries

Post by Terry Ow-Wing »

If you are in Palo Alto during July come to the ACGA Clay and Glass show. See link http://www.acga.net I'll be at that show also. As far as galleries - I'm not that familiar - lots have closed down due to the dot com bust etc.
Let me know when you are in town and I'll be glad to show you around etc.

Sincerely,
Terry Ow-Wing
(San Francisco)
LesleyNolan wrote:I will be traveling to the Palo Alto, CA area for a week in July to visit family. They are not interested in art so they would not be a good source of galleries.
I would love some pointers for the area maybe San Jose as well.
Thanks,
Lesley
Terry Ow-Wing Designs
Kilnformed and Lampworked Glass Art
http://GlassArt.weebly.com
LesleyNolan

Post by LesleyNolan »

Thanks, Terry

I will actually be there that weekend! That is not far from my Grandmother's house....How about that. I will try and make it by.
Thanks,
Lesley
Monica

Palo Alto galleries

Post by Monica »

For a start, there is Stanford University Art Gallery in Palo Alto, as well as some incredible outdoor sculpture and architecture. There is the Triton Museum in Santa Clara [currently hosting a show by the Bay Area Glass Institute]. The Triton also had a publication near the information desk that listed many galleries in the greater Bay Area. There is a fine quilt museum in downtown San Jose, near San Jose State. There is a museum of art in downtown San Jose...