Sandpiper did it...Yea!!!!

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

Sandpiper

Sandpiper did it...Yea!!!!

Post by Sandpiper »

I did it. I fused. I slumped. I got a bowl. No bubbles. Nice shiny surface. Yippeee. The design is not so great and the rim is a little smunched (technical term) But it is a bowl. Thanks so much for all your help. I'm so grateful. I'm going to try to attach a picture of the first born, but I may not do it right. Okay, I couldn't make the picture work. So darn much to learn. If anyone is bored and want to explain how to put a picture at the end of this message. I would appreciate it. Thanks

I gotta go melt something
Sandpiper
Tony Smith

Post by Tony Smith »

Congratulations... it really is exciting... you feel like you just gotta melt something... all the time.

As far as posting a photo, you need to be able to place it on the internet in either a website or one of the many free photo sites and post the link to the photo in your message. "[img]"%20goes%20before%20your%20photo%20and%20"[/img]" goes after.

Tony
The tightrope between being strange and being creative is too narrow to walk without occasionally landing on both sides..." Scott Berkun
Sandpiper

Post by Sandpiper »

I still can't make the picture attach, but if anyone wants to look I stuck it at the bottom of my pathetic little website. So go to my homepage and scroll to the bottom. Cheers.
Sandpiper

http://www.sandpipercottagestudios.com
mybigsister

Post by mybigsister »

Sandpiper - Cool bowl! I have two of the whoops on the edge of my 1st bowl. Mine were caused by original break that I refused and then reslumped......Pat in WA
Sandpiper

Post by Sandpiper »

Thank you. At least the rim problem is right at the design. So, I call it an organic process as the pea pod grows. Or some other BS like that :D (It wasn't supposed to look like a pea pod design, but my helpful family proclaimed that it was a pea pod, so okay, it's a pea pod.)
Sandpiper
Tess Farley

Post by Tess Farley »

Your bowl is beautiful! Isn't this fun!!!!
Tess Farley

Post by Tess Farley »

Your bowl is beautiful! Isn't this fun!!!!
Kitty

Post by Kitty »

i think your bowl is wonderful, especially for a first attempt!
Tracy

Post by Tracy »

Your bowl has beauty and spirit! Keep up your creative style! :D
-Tracy
Terri Johanson

Great Bowl!

Post by Terri Johanson »

You are on your way now...you won't be able to stop!

Terri