Magless Exchange

This forum is for questions from newcomers to kiln-forming.

Moderator: Tony Smith

Emily Will

Magless Exchange

Post by Emily Will »

As the coordinator for the Exchange this year, I could not resist putting a brief
note here especially for Newcomers. I think everyone knows about the Magless Exchange.
The full details are on this Board under Community Events. I just want to be sure that
Newcomers know how welcome they are and that this is a great opportunity to learn a lot.
Last year was my first year participating. I tried some new (to me) techniques, learned a lot
about "production" of multiple items, and was super excited to see what everyone else did
and how they did it. So, if you have been thinking about this and been concerned that you
are too "new" then don't give it another thought. Just join in the fun.

Cheers,
Emily

Emily Will
Fused Glass Artist
http://IntenseGlass.com
919-556-7414
JestersBaubles

Re: Magless Exchange

Post by JestersBaubles »

Agreed. In the past I have tried to use the opportunity to challenge myself to do something *I* have not yet done. Still haven't figured out what I should do this year.

Oh, wait! -- Maybe mini "flow melts" :mrgreen: . (or not....)

Dana W.
Joyce Walters

Post by Joyce Walters »

Oh, thank you for the reminder, Emily.
I participated once in 2010, AND by a lovely coincidence, today I am wearing my favorite piece from the many good pieces I received in that exchange.
It is a glossy black glass square with an elegant sandblasted swan made by Tony Smith.
I have kept all of those pieces and smile often at Charles Hall's dragon, which is magnetized on a steel door at my shop.
It is time for me to try something new and share again. Some years were just too tough or too busy.
Thank you, Emily.
Joyce
Emily Will

Post by Emily Will »

Just a few days left to sign up for the Magless Exchange! More details are posted under
Community Events. Don't miss the fun.
The project "rules" are here:
http://www.warmglass.com/magnet-exchang ... guidelines

We're at 25 participants right now.

Cheers,

Emily