croquet wicket 2003

Want to share a photo of your work? Or get feedback on a new piece? Post it here. (Note: items in this forum are deleted periodically, generally after several months.)

Moderator: Brad Walker

rosanna gusler

croquet wicket 2003

Post by rosanna gusler »

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/wancheseart this years wicket for the croquet fundraiser for pocosin arts. ferro enamels between float. adinkira symbol for transformation of self. rosanna
Mimi Rivera Vellek

Post by Mimi Rivera Vellek »

What wonderful wickets!! They should raise a ton of money. Thanks for posting them.
charlie

Post by charlie »

aren't wickets smacked with large wooden balls, and possibly a mallet? are these for decoration or meant to be used? if the latter, isn't using glass a poor idea?
rosanna gusler

Post by rosanna gusler »

the balls go under the wicket. the copper/glass one got bought by a croquet nut last year and is his queen wicket, it is doing fine. this years is a platter in a temperary wooden wicket frame. after the tournament, they can remove the platter as the frame is held together with thumbnuts on bolts. rosanna
charlie

Post by charlie »

rosanna gusler wrote:the balls go under the wicket. the copper/glass one got bought by a croquet nut last year and is his queen wicket, it is doing fine. this years is a platter in a temperary wooden wicket frame. after the tournament, they can remove the platter as the frame is held together with thumbnuts on bolts. rosanna
theoretically. don't they also hit the posts pretty hard? i can remember lofting a few too, but the last time i played was when i was about 8, and the fun was just bashing them hard :D
rosanna gusler

Post by rosanna gusler »

yes they do hit fairly hard. at the laet year event i did have to step in and de mallot a couple of unsupervised 8-10 year olds. boy were they mad. rosanna