Red Dragonfly Close-up

Want to share a photo of your work? Or get feedback on a new piece? Post it here. (Note: items in this forum are deleted periodically, generally after several months.)

Moderator: Brad Walker

J. Savina

Red Dragonfly Close-up

Post by J. Savina »

I know that the picture is a bit fuzzy, but it was really the best thing caught on camera on the cold and rainy weekend at the Lowell, IN "Labor Day Fest" A beautiful Red Dragonfly landed on a fused ornament. I guess he just wanted to get out of the rain. I posted the picture in my PictureTrail album. http://www.picturetrail.com/j.savina The album name is "Fused Items"
Just wanted to share with my warm glass friends here. Enjoy :) J.
Susan Wright

Post by Susan Wright »

On the wirewrap bracelets, areyou creating a bead first or doing a cab wrap on the dicro center? Very nice.

Susan
J. Savina

Post by J. Savina »

Thank you Susan,

It's a cabachon wrap. The idea is from "Innovative Adornment" by Jane Persico. Lots of great ideas in her book. J.
DonMcClennen

Post by DonMcClennen »

Great Workspace. The layout and organization is supurb.
"The Glassman"
J. Savina

Post by J. Savina »

Thank you Glassman.
If you saw what the shop looks like today after preparing for a 2 day festival, you may think differently. :shock: My loving husband has made things very nice for us in the studio. It's my favorite place to be. :) J.
lauren

Post by lauren »

yeah i gotta agree, your studio setup is amazing...i'm very jealous. (and also wish i had even a snowballs chance in hell of ever being that organized...i'd bet a dollar your studio after show preparation is still cleaner than mine on a GOOD day)

i like your work too...i was going to comment how much i like the true blues piece, but then noticed that you didn't do it. so i like your son's work as well :)

peace
- lauren
J. Savina

Post by J. Savina »

Thanks Lauren,
Very nice of you. I'm very proud of my son and the True Blues Piece too. Since I was the one who taught him stained glass and also gave birth to him, I guess I'll take some of the credit :P . J.
Brock

Re: Red Dragonfly Close-up

Post by Brock »

J. Savina wrote:I know that the picture is a bit fuzzy, but it was really the best thing caught on camera on the cold and rainy weekend at the Lowell, IN "Labor Day Fest" A beautiful Red Dragonfly landed on a fused ornament. I guess he just wanted to get out of the rain. I posted the picture in my PictureTrail album. http://www.picturetrail.com/j.savina The album name is "Fused Items"
Just wanted to share with my warm glass friends here. Enjoy :) J.
Hah! Dragonfly indeed! You can't fool me with your fuzzy focus.
That's a couple of pipe cleaners. Nice try. Brock
My memory is so good, I can't remember the last time I forgot something . . .
J. Savina

Post by J. Savina »

Hmm, Caught me. I knew I couldn't fool you BC.
Actually, when it landed on the ornament, I almost couldn't make it out because the red of his tail matched the fracture streamer red of the ornament perfectly. The instruction to my camera came in every single language except english. So I can't figure out how to focus on the blasted thing. I was serious when I said it was the best thing caught on camera that day. What a rainy cold gloomy weekend. I promised my husband that I will never ever do another outside craft show. I've spent hours cleaning up the rain spots on my panels. Lesson learned. :( J.
Brock

Post by Brock »

J. Savina wrote:Hmm, Caught me. I knew I couldn't fool you BC.
Actually, when it landed on the ornament, I almost couldn't make it out because the red of his tail matched the fracture streamer red of the ornament perfectly. The instruction to my camera came in every single language except english. So I can't figure out how to focus on the blasted thing. I was serious when I said it was the best thing caught on camera that day. What a rainy cold gloomy weekend. I promised my husband that I will never ever do another outside craft show. I've spent hours cleaning up the rain spots on my panels. Lesson learned. :( J.
I just bought a digital, and managed to program the instructions in German when I set it up. That took hours of deprogramming. It's gonna be a long learning curve on this camera. Brock
My memory is so good, I can't remember the last time I forgot something . . .