PDV nuggets and slices

Want to share a photo of your work? Or get feedback on a new piece? Post it here. (Note: items in this forum are deleted periodically, generally after several months.)

Moderator: Brad Walker

Lisa Sharik

PDV nuggets and slices

Post by Lisa Sharik »

Hi
I tried to make my first large piece of pate de verre since class with Marc an Ellen and it didn't turn out as I wanted. So since I had some nice looking glass in an ugly shape I sliced and diced and cold worked it till I took off half of one of my fingernails and abraded both my thumbs #-o
The results are below. I really like the nuggets they remind me of watermelon tourmaline. I sold several of them on Etsy already.
I did get my first large piece fired and I plan to spend the morning trying to get the plaster out and hope that my bottom glass is thick enough. It is a rectangluar vessel done in a one piece mold. I'll post picture of it when it's out.
lisa
PlainandFancy Glass Jewelery
Lib

Re: PDV nuggets and slices

Post by Lib »

Lemonade from lemons Lisa- those are pretty. I especially like the polished "crystals" in the top pix. Bummer about the fingernail though... she says, looking at her still mis-shapen fingers from the table saw incident. I guess they'll never be nice and round and symettrical again, poo.
Tom White

Post by Tom White »

That is making good use of the glass you had. The crystal shapes do remind me of tourmaline. If I see Ellen today I will remind her to look at this forum to see your pictures.

Best wishes,
Tom in Texas
Deb Lewis

Post by Deb Lewis »

Those are very attractive! I really like the teeny bubbles from the PDV.

I don't imagine many of us have any fingernails 8-[
My goal in life is to be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.