New colour for bubble.

Want to share a photo of your work? Or get feedback on a new piece? Post it here. (Note: items in this forum are deleted periodically, generally after several months.)

Moderator: Brad Walker

Haydo

New colour for bubble.

Post by Haydo »

Square egg.
Square egg.

This is the egg done, just increase the mass of nest and polish and paint stand and it is done.
This piece is titled Truth.
peace, haydo
Life is like a raft, so be like a rat!...Challenging being a captain type rat though, going down with each ship and all!!
Sharol

Re: New colour for bubble.

Post by Sharol »

Hi Haydo,

I like this a lot. Can you enlighten me on your title "Truth"? I'd love to hear about your inspiration for this piece.

Sharol
Haydo

Post by Haydo »

When you are dealing with a lot of people the BS seems constant, a bit of truth is refreshing. Truth is golden, some find it hard to deliver and others difficult to accept. Well that's my take on it for my personal level, we could go on with politics and how some use religion. peace, haydo
Life is like a raft, so be like a rat!...Challenging being a captain type rat though, going down with each ship and all!!
Studiodunn

Post by Studiodunn »

I would enjoy knowing the scale/ size of this piece Haydo. I also really really like it and appreciate the many ways it sends my mind off spinning...
“I would rather die than hate you.”
- Martin Luther King
Babette (Shawn)

Post by Babette (Shawn) »

Hi Haydo!

Is Truth three dimensional? At first glance it looks flat but as I look closer I see a green stringer behind? Is there a metal inclusion? Can you post more photos? More Truth please?
“Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.”
― Pablo Picasso
Haydo

Post by Haydo »

Thanks for enjoying. The image is deceptive because I didn't want to give the whole thing away yet. Exhibition is looming, neighbourhood won't know what hits them in that frantic week I have off in a fortnights time to finalise.
The branch is stainless steel and the thick end is good height for walking stick. This is supported by a sleek mild steel stand which will be painted black so that it appears to float. The square egg is 3D, sure to hurt either accepting or delivering. The green stringer is my garden hose. peace, haydo
peter cummings

Post by peter cummings »

Now if farmers could produce square eggs think of the money saving in packaging.
The size really puts it differently. And I like the title/idea. I'm coming to accept that people will always have their own truths.
Good luck with it, and enjoy the time in action.
Peter.
Studiodunn

Post by Studiodunn »

The truth is Babette thought the green garden hose was green glass stringer. I think that is fabulous...lol
“I would rather die than hate you.”
- Martin Luther King
Brock

Post by Brock »

". . . Now if farmers could produce square eggs think of the money saving in packaging."

The Japanese have produced very expensive square watermelons . . .
Babette (Shawn)

Post by Babette (Shawn) »

I wish Haydo had not told me it was a garden hose :oops:
“Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.”
― Pablo Picasso
Haydo

Post by Haydo »

Actually it's a green tree snake morphing into garden hose pose. Man I think I like a little bit of truth.
The stainless work for the branch has been pushed from different fronts. The enjoyment of creative metal work, wanting to mount a Holly Grace bowl that I bought at auction while possessed,... from a wall(no regrets, it was more like WTF) and an idea for public sculpture to produce a large baby carrying bilum. peace, haydo