One Spark Glass Quilt

Want to share a photo of your work? Or get feedback on a new piece? Post it here. (Note: items in this forum are deleted periodically, generally after several months.)

Moderator: Brad Walker

pshash

One Spark Glass Quilt

Post by pshash »

I am officially a creator for One Spark in Jacksonville, Florida. I am doing this quilt to educate the public in conservation of our wildlife and abundant natural habitats of NE Florida. I hope to have it completed by mid March. I just got back from Oklahoma and found two more areas in town that are now devoid of trees to build another apartment complex or shopping mall. Ughhh!!!

https://picasaweb.google.com/roobagel/G ... ltPictures#

I would appreciate any comments.
pshash

Re: One Spark Glass Quilt

Post by pshash »

I have added two more pictures to my web album and the last tile is in the kiln. :lol: I am hoping to have the mounting done by the end of the month. I really would appreciate any comments. I hope to have time to relax before the big festival.

https://picasaweb.google.com/roobagel/G ... ltPictures#
Don Burt

Post by Don Burt »

Fun project for a good cause Peg. Do you have any links to the event?

Several of the tiles are more successful than the others. Large simple shapes with strong contrast of both tone and color. The subtle ones are less effective.
pshash

Post by pshash »

The event is called One Spark. The website is www.beonespark.com. It is not only for artists. There are alot of creative ideas at this event.
pshash

Post by pshash »

One Spark was a huge success with over 150,000 visitors. I had a great time and met some very interesting creators. Everyone loved my quilt so I was pretty happy since it was the first time I showed my work in public. I am hopeful it will be displayed at the airport in conjunction with info about our state and national parks to promote ecotourism in Jax and educate the public about protecting our natural resources here. I am not sure how to post the actual quilt at my venue so I added it to my album. Please check out the Boneshaker video I posted in the Spab forum too. It was one of the few creations I saw.
lorimendenhall

Post by lorimendenhall »

what a fun idea. my favorite of your tiles is the one with the bears. I'm glad it was a success.
pshash

Post by pshash »

My favs are the Roseate Spoonbill and Pileated woodpecker. It was a lot of fun but hard work for five days. I just hope next year I'll be able to see more creations.
Bert Weiss

Post by Bert Weiss »

pshash wrote:My favs are the Roseate Spoonbill and Pileated woodpecker. It was a lot of fun but hard work for five days. I just hope next year I'll be able to see more creations.
Cool
Bert

Bert Weiss Art Glass*
http://www.customartglass.com
Furniture Lighting Sculpture Tableware
Architectural Commissions
pshash

Post by pshash »

Thanks, Bert. I am technologically challenged.
pshash

Post by pshash »

So my quilt has been traveling and so decided to make a stand for it out of galvanized pipe. A lot of places don't want me putting holes in their walls. You will notice the tortoise tile looks a little different from the original one. Stupidly, I put the stand together in the same room as the quilt and, of course, one of the pipes hit the tortoise tile and broke it. The stand was quite easy to put together, take apart and inexpensive.

https://picasaweb.google.com/roobagel/G ... 7099838082

I am hoping it will be accepted in the Florida Flavor exhibit at the Art Center of Sarasota.