my 2 young birds

Want to share a photo of your work? Or get feedback on a new piece? Post it here. (Note: items in this forum are deleted periodically, generally after several months.)

Moderator: Brad Walker

orittlandau

my 2 young birds

Post by orittlandau »

A new work i made using pate de verre technique.
The big bird supposed to be me:)
(the work is hollow)
i would like to hear your remarks.
thank you
oritt
Attachments
הגוזלים שלי.jpg
oritt
twin vision glass

Re: my 2 young birds

Post by twin vision glass »

What a very special thought process with these pieces Orittlandau, and it is dear to my heart as I love birds so very much . Living in the Canadian Rockies gives us lots of bird watching as it is a major "flyway" . Perhaps you might try next time to make the birds more defined with detail . Just a thought, and once in awhile conflicting colours will take away from the flow of the piece. So be really thoughtful on colour placement. As for the Mom bird with the chicks, keep that concept going as it is special. You could even create a birds next that each one sits in. Hmmm :-k now I am saying tooo much. I look forward to seeing the next pieces.
Les
Give out Free Hugs!
orittlandau

Post by orittlandau »

Thank you Les for your comments. The feedback is so important!
i was afraid that the birds were so frightening that no one dare to say a word..oy vey:)
I created hinted birds sitting to rest on a kind of rock. next time i will try to make them more define as you suggested.In real life the birds look more like birds.. the picture doesnt do good to them..
I am learning and learning to controll the glass using pate de verre and it is really difficult..
thank you Less }{
oritt
Studiodunn

Post by Studiodunn »

I actually like the way the birds appear as if they are morphing into their shapes, especially the mother bird. It's a theme I can relate to as a mother bird ;) Perhaps you could continue with the morphing/transitioning/emerging theme?

How true it is of each artist in their journeys! Best wishes in yours...
“I would rather die than hate you.”
- Martin Luther King
orittlandau

Post by orittlandau »

Studiodunn wrote:I actually like the way the birds appear as if they are morphing into their shapes, especially the mother bird. It's a theme I can relate to as a mother bird ;) Perhaps you could continue with the morphing/transitioning/emerging theme?

How true it is of each artist in their journeys! Best wishes in yours...

Thank you Studiodunn.
yes, it is a journey full of birds:)
I fires this work twice because in the first time there were big holes in the glass.sometimes i love the holes that make the work kind of fragile, but when the holes are exaggerated i fire it again.
The second fire makes the work to be more shiny but the shape becomes more flat.
here is a works that the shape is more clear as i fired it only 1 time (birds again:)
i hope to succeed control the holes in the future and controll the colours as well.
thank you for your words
oritt
Attachments
2.jpg
oritt