New Colour Bar project

Want to share a photo of your work? Or get feedback on a new piece? Post it here. (Note: items in this forum are deleted periodically, generally after several months.)

Moderator: Brad Walker

twin vision glass

New Colour Bar project

Post by twin vision glass »

A new colour bar that will turn into our beautiful Rocky Mountains of Eastern British Columbia. I was sawing all day as I had to get a few of the bars cut and ready to take to the Glass Blowing Studio to Pull out into cane pieces but loved the way the mountains were looking like stratta lines. Hmm!
phpfyeLEKPM.jpg
phpfyeLEKPM.jpg (45.5 KiB) Viewed 23996 times
phpo8qlVzPM.jpg
phpo8qlVzPM.jpg (44.09 KiB) Viewed 23996 times
php98fXhXPM.jpg
php98fXhXPM.jpg (48.21 KiB) Viewed 23996 times
Give out Free Hugs!
twin vision glass

Re: New Colour Bar project

Almost forgot the blocks that I will pull out into Cane :-k :oops:
phpPm7t4hPM.jpg
phpPm7t4hPM.jpg (44.45 KiB) Viewed 23993 times
Give out Free Hugs!
twin vision glass

phptesHo5AM.jpg
phpoBj1uLAM.jpg
phpNYfiKhAM.jpg
Besides taking the colour bars above to the glass blowing studio, I decided to make a 4 inch x 4 inch by 9 inch colour bar that would then tie all the colour bars together and the canes I am pulling will be matching as well. I took sliced bars from the above colour bar and used them inside the Cane at Glass Blowing and inside the middle of this one and am happy with how it all came out. NOW to get to work and create with them and not waste them.My challenge is on.!!!!!!!! Leslie
Give out Free Hugs!
bob proulx

Post by bob proulx »

It looks great, cant wait to see the finished piece.
Bob
twin vision glass

Here is the beginning of a 3 panel piece that will all connect one another. It is called "MOUNTAIN FLYWAY" and is all about the return of the Ruffled Feathers and how amazing nature is with its innate sense to return to their nest every year and beat the odds and incredible distances. Oh to be as strong as our feathered friends. I do tend to work abstract but at least hopefully the viewer will be able to see the story I will try to create because they come over the valleys and lakes , through the sky they come , and it is an incredible gift from nature to be able to return to the nest. Usually us humans are trying to Leave the NEST. I will be creating birds nests for each panel as well as each panel will tell a slightly different story but yet all connected.
phpzpwf76AM.jpg
phpVbKWX7PM.jpg
php0ES0AxPM.jpg
off to the studio I go
Give out Free Hugs!
twin vision glass

php1EZMNhAM.jpg
phpV25bESAM.jpg
phpBhimxFAM.jpg
Adding a layer of clear 1401 #3 frit will help to give the piece depth and the flow will help to move things abit and to really look like everything has become one piece instead of lines of colourbars . Anyways that is the challenge anyways. We shall see . My dream told me I had not done a good job up in the left top corner so will have to see when done. Now I am doing panel number #2. Les
Give out Free Hugs!
twin vision glass

I am happy with the pulled cane at the hotshop we did. Now to fit them into the design with out wasting them. Hmm :-k Well definately going more abstract.
php3Wkt26PM.jpg
php01MugXPM.jpg
phpvNCLtJPM.jpg
Give out Free Hugs!
twin vision glass

Here is panel #2 of 3 beginning to take shape and I have used the sawed up colour bar / pulled cane in the forground and will use some in the sky as well. So much fun for sure. Les
php0Ysd2BAM.jpg
Give out Free Hugs!
twin vision glass

This was a very sad day for me and some things were said on this thread that were hurtful and unkind. I AM NOT SURE why it was removed as I asked that it be left for others to read and make their own feelings known , but just to let you all know after today , I will not be posting again . It is to difficult to try to help others learn new techniques and enjoy the process of working with glass when some one is able to say such unkind things to one who is trying to help others, and make them so sad that why would they put them selves through this again. It has been such a sad day , and do not feel that this should be taken down as it is necessary to voice my opinion and let some wonderful artists know why I am not going to be here any more. This is not the first time this has happened but it will be the last . I will miss you all, and pray that you all keep enjoying your journeys in glass. But for me , I must protect my inner spirit from others who are so unkind. Please do not remove this Brad as it is important .
Sincerely, Leslie Rowe-Israelson
Give out Free Hugs!
orittlandau

Post by orittlandau »

Les
I don’t know what happened that made you decide to leave us.
I am here from 2006 and during all those years I loved to read your words and I learnt a lot from your experience.
There is no reason why you will not continue to share your work here.
In the past this forum was more alive, there were more discussions more exchanges of ideas.
People don’t want only to hear how wonderful their art is and to get likes.. we learnt from our mistakes shared our opinions and it was so wonderful.
I love to see your final results of the work you are doing now. Love to see the final work
You know I love birds too and you suggested me to create a nest in the other discussion. And I got your advice and made a hollow nest:) I would like to hear your clever remarks in the future! and I love to see your glass birds and nests too.
oritt
Attachments
גוזליםבאור1-2.jpg
oritt
Brad Walker
Site Admin

Post by Brad Walker »

The purpose of this board is to share information about glass. As is my policy, I remove posts that insult others. I do not understand why anyone would object to the removal of posts in which one person insults another.

If at any point anyone reading this board considers a post to be questionable, please contact me and I will investigate and remove the post if I find it objectionable.
pshash

Post by pshash »

I have no idea what happened and I am very sorry that someone would use unkind words on this board. I have always been an admirer of your work Les and am sorry someone offended you. You have always given me encouragement and I too have learned a lot of info from your posts. I do hope you will change your mind.
twin vision glass

Through some very kind words of support and wisdom, I have decided to make a challenge to us all to stop cyber bullying by blocking at least one person who is so unkind and does not deserve the saddness that comes from the one being bullied. I want to see if we can get all the amazing artists back on this board who have left and to turn this sad experience into a win win for everyone . Write to your friends who have left, let them know their importance to this incredible glass community, ask them to come back and share at least one GOOD experience they have had in their glass careers and where they think the glass community is going now. United we can erase bullying from this wonderful world exchange and move forward as a group who promotes each others fine achievements and helps each other learn and share from the heart. What do you all think. It could actually be truly fun and winning experience for us all who just love to go on our journey in glass together.
Brad has worked hard to create this board. Let us support him and his sponsors to make this the most incredible board on glass ever.
(you can knock me down but I WILL GET UP AGAIN) maybe not as fast but at least I will continue to share which makes my spirit soar.
Leslie
Give out Free Hugs!
twin vision glass

And Oritt, the birds nest is beautiful. Birds are amazing little feathered friends, although they fly away , they always come back with great difficulty from far off lands, so let us think of this forum as the nest and so we shall return and enjoy the flight home.
SOARING ABOVE THE PROFOUNDLY BEAUTIFUL, MAJESTIC, AND DRAMATIC MOUNTAINS THEY RETURN. OVER THE WIND SWEPT HIGH MOUNTAIN PEAKS AND BLUE RIVERS FLOWING THEY RETURN. THROUGH TRANQUIL AND TURBULENT SKIES THEY RETURN. UNRELENTING PERSEVERANCE OF BIRDS TO TRAVEL FOR THOUSANDS OF MILES TO RAISE THEIR YOUNG. OVER RIDGES AND RIVERS AND VALLEYS THEY SOAR, RETURNING TO THEIR NESTS, OUR FEATHER FRIENDS. OUR ROCKY MOUNTAINS SING THE SOUND OF THEIR BEATING WINGS INTO OUR HUMAN SOULS AS WE WATCH OUR WINGED FRIENDS FIGHT FOR SURVIVAL; BRINGING WITH THEM SOUNDS OF SPRING AND NEW LIFE
Give out Free Hugs!
Michele gh

Post by Michele gh »

your colors, textures, and compositions are just wonderful. I love seeing your work.
orittlandau

Post by orittlandau »

SOOOO happy you fly back to us Les:)
:D :) :P =D>
oritt
Vonon

Post by Vonon »

Les, So happy you have reconsidered. I always read your posts because I know I will learn something and have my mood lifted by the joy and enthusiasm that comes across in your words. My thanks go out to all who participate on this board and share their success, failures, and wit with the rest of us.
Vonon
Michele gh

Post by Michele gh »

Oritt,
The nest is lovely and well photographed. There is a luminosity, timelessness, and simplicity, which is so calming.
Pat Donaldson

Post by Pat Donaldson »

I always remember what Thumper said in the Bambi movie,"if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all". I too have had some unkind comments, but on the whole, more encouraging than discouraging. I will post something soon too, just to show that mean people don't win. They are just jealous!

Pat
pat@aslowfuse.com
Risa

Post by Risa »

Les
I always love seeing your work and cannot imagine why anyone would criticize your generosity and caring spirit. I am so happy you found a way to ignore ignorance and have challenged the rest of us to rise to your level. Good on ya!

The glass world is relatively small, but so powerful and welcoming. Thanks, Brad, for creating this and thanks to all of you who ask and answer so many questions. I appreciate the knowledge and inspiration I get from this forum....and hope my limited contributions can help someone else.

Hoping our paths will cross IRT someday,
Risa