backsplash

Want to share a photo of your work? Or get feedback on a new piece? Post it here. (Note: items in this forum are deleted periodically, generally after several months.)

Moderator: Brad Walker

MichelleG

backsplash

Post by MichelleG »

I just finished a backsplash for my kitchen. I fused 6 panels each 9x9 inch. I have been fusing small pieces for jewelry for quite some time. Starting to try bigger projects. Learn more with each one! This has been a very helpful site for me.
image.jpg
orittlandau

Re: backsplash

Post by orittlandau »

Nice work.
Really sweet:)
oritt
Vonon

Post by Vonon »

What a cheerful scene to have in a kitchen. I would be interested in knowing how it is mounted. Is it over top of the stainless that is behind the cooktop or did you leave a space for it and add the stainless around it? You did a very nice job of matching up the separate tiles!
Vonon
MichelleG

Post by MichelleG »

I had originally planned a granite backsplash but discovered after the stovetop and backdraft ventilation installation I only had a 1/4 inch space to work with. I decided to make my own and fused the panels. I used mirror framing and nailed directly to wall. I used thin set tile mortar to attach the panels in the framing and grouted with clear silicone. The small tiles around the fused panels I found on clearance at Lowes. These were peel and stick and are made of aluminum.
Vonon

Post by Vonon »

What a resourceful person you are! I love the contrast of the organic look of the glass against the geometric metal behind it. Kudos!
Vonon