Fall colours

Want to share a photo of your work? Or get feedback on a new piece? Post it here. (Note: items in this forum are deleted periodically, generally after several months.)

Moderator: Brad Walker

Hedda

Fall colours

Post by Hedda »

This piece [System 96, 45x23 cm] was inspired by the fall colours I witnessed at Nikko, Japan. They still haunt me many months after i came back home. Some of the glass components underwent 5-6 firings. Since during the last years I learned so much from this forum, your oppinion is really important to me.
Hedda
Attachments
koyo (640x407).jpg
twin vision glass

Re: Fall colours

Post by twin vision glass »

I love how your eye flows over the warmth of the piece , moving from one delicious section to another. Well done! =D> ( fall is my favorite time of year as it can be very Melancholy and peaceful ) Which this piece makes me feel.
Leslie
Give out Free Hugs!
Joyce Walters

Post by Joyce Walters »

Thank you so much for sharing.
I really, really like this piece. I will remember it and be inspired.
Joyce
Judd

Post by Judd »

Nice color play.
Emily Will

Post by Emily Will »

This piece is so rich in color and texture. I fuse for the
day I will be able to do something like this:)

Emily
Hedda

Post by Hedda »

Leslie, Joyce, Judd and Emily,
Thank you for your kind words - i'm so happy you liked the piece. Leslie, since I follow your every single work stage you're posting and admire so much the way you turn Landscape into Art, your appreciation is so encouraging for me.
I consider myself to be an Old nature&travel photographer and a Young glassist. By now, when i design my glass, i wish it to be a camera with many different range lenses, all shooting at the same time, if it ever makes sense. I'm working hard in order to adapt the right tehniques for each of these "lenses" as i'm trying to use only glass and no decals or pigments on glass. If one day I'll succeed to get better, it will be very much thanks to the WG forum.
Hedda
Havi

Post by Havi »

Dear Hedda
I also like it a lot!
the color flow, as mentioned above is great, fills with warmth and pleasure. Good for you!

Havi
חביבה
Haviva Z
- - - - with a smile :)

"Speed comes from the Devil" - (an Arabic proverb)
http://www.havivaz.com