A triptych

Want to share a photo of your work? Or get feedback on a new piece? Post it here. (Note: items in this forum are deleted periodically, generally after several months.)

Moderator: Brad Walker

Havi

Re: A triptych

Post by Havi »

Many thanks to ALL of you who responded!

another thing you might want to consider is the whole situation in general.
1. Israel is basically quite a small country. Something like New Jersey, I was told.
2. Very few galleries, or none at all who deals with glass. [sorry, we have Litvak, but he deals with foreign artists, at the level of Chihuli]
3. No really acknowledged museum who deals with glass, except the Eretz Yisreal Museum in Tel Aviv, . Some times it is called Israel Craft Museum. This is the only one who has a glass pavilion, and a permanent show of glass. Ancient and Modern. In the past we had Bertil Valien there, and other famous artists..
4. This exhibition which is taking place now, happens only once in 3 years at the best. And this is the 3rd one that took place ever.

All these led me to the strong desire to be in this exhibition. And, being my age [70+...] I can not help thinking that perhaps this is the last one for me. I hope not, but do not know!

At the previous exhibitions - the curator just chose of the staff I had at home. This time she 'commissioned', which was OK with me. [As long as I was in the exhibition, many of my colleagues, who participated in the previous exhibitions, do not show in this one]
The pieces WERE MADE at the time the war was here, so there was some legitimacy of naming them like this.

Generally thinking, I believe that a piece should have a name - does not have to be so figurative - my art is abstract anyway - on purpose, so I would not like the name to be too concrete. True, I should have named the pieces myself, but I was so tired of the whole process [my working tools were broken, very difficult to have gotten here what I needed etc.] That I did not mind the name she gave them...
However I LOVE this technique, as well as other techniques - like working with powders and wafers, just wish to keep on working, on and on - - -
thanks again,
to all of you, for your illuminations, responses and good advises
I owe you a lot

H.
Haviva Z
- - - - with a smile :)

"Speed comes from the Devil" - (an Arabic proverb)
http://www.havivaz.com
jim simmons

Post by jim simmons »

What this looks like to me, is a volcano spouting lava at the top with feeding chambers at the center and bottom.
Jim
Kate Saunders

Post by Kate Saunders »

A round of applause for this serious piece of work, title be damned.

Last bumped by Havi on Fri May 29, 2015 4:23 pm.