Online Fusing Presentation

Want to share a photo of your work? Or get feedback on a new piece? Post it here. (Note: items in this forum are deleted periodically, generally after several months.)

Moderator: Brad Walker

Lisa Allen

Online Fusing Presentation

Post by Lisa Allen »

For anyone interested, I did an online fusing presentation a few weeks back on making sushi type trays with a pattern bar design. It is a step by step description with pictures. It has just been archived at http://www.ebsqart.com/Education.asp under Fused Glass in the Live!Archives on the left side of the page.

Lisa

:)
Lisa Allen
http://www.lisa-allen.com
Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.
Diane

Post by Diane »

great presentation Lisa, I'm a visual learner, you can explain and describe all you want sometimes but unless I can SEE it, :roll: sometimes I just don't get it.
Thank you SO much for posting this. New ideas are rolling around my head already. :wink:
Diane
Tracy

online fusing presentation

Post by Tracy »

Lisa-
Thanks so much for showing us the steps to making pattern bar trays! I have admired every picture you've posted and have wondered how you got such beautiful and interesting slices of glass.
-Tracy
Chris H

Post by Chris H »

Great presentation!
Jane Lindell

Post by Jane Lindell »

Lisa:

That is a very well done presentation. Great pictures and informative text. How long will it stay up on that website?

I have been wondering if your pieces with the long sliced pattern bars that you have posted pictures of are the same two layer bases. There doesn't seem to be much spreading from the extra layers.

Thanks for sharing.

Jane
Carole Burton

Online fusing presentation

Post by Carole Burton »

Lisa, WOW are we impressed. You did a great job so well organized and clearly stated. The pictures are wonderful for us visual people. Give yourself a big pat on the back. Keep your posts coming we certainly enjoy seeing them. Carole.....S. C.
afilloon

Thanks Lisa

Post by afilloon »

What a great job Lisa! Thanks for taking the time to create the presentation, and sharing it with us.

Allen and Dinah
Allen
Jeri D

comment and questions

Post by Jeri D »

:D Super demo. You have given a lot of us new ideas, and thank you so much for sharing.
Two questions. What is the mold you are using and where do you get the marbles. Seems easier then cutting and glueing Pyrex rods
Jeri
OK third question, much humble apologie. RE hold at anneal. I don;t hold anywhere as long a3 hours. Is it your normal or is it because of the inclusions of pattern bars ? ( i could just be wrong to!!)
Nikki ONeill

Post by Nikki ONeill »

Lisa: Super demo, and an excellent, clear, informative write-up! Your pictures are especially nice...bright, clear and to-the-point, and uncluttered. Well done, and kudos to you! Your presentation would be a very useful item for the archives or FAQs, if that's possible. :D

Nikki
J Campbell

Post by J Campbell »

Lisa,

Very nice.....Thank You.

Jane
Jon Wunderlich

Wow

Post by Jon Wunderlich »

Lisa,

All of the above. Thanks for the presentation. I was also wondering about the 3 hour hold during annealing, (for the slump). I usually use the same hold as I did for the fuse. Is it because of the pattern bars or is it just being safe?

Thanks again !!!

Jon
quill

Post by quill »

This is a great tutorial!

I posted a link to it from Wet Canvas Glass Forum

I hope you don't mind?
Jim Read

Tutorial

Post by Jim Read »

Lisa,
Super job on the tutorial, great visuals. I hear from a lot of folks that are new to Fusing and Warmglass, I'll send them to take a look!!

Jim
catdoran

Post by catdoran »

I really enjoyed your presentation and learned some new info. I like your idea of adding marbles for feet. How do you attach the marbles. Just with a clear epoxy? thanks again for the great presentation. Cathy
charlie

marble feet

Post by charlie »

catdoran wrote:How do you attach the marbles. Just with a clear epoxy? thanks again for the great presentation. Cathy
grind a small facet on a marble, and use clear 100% silicone caulk (not the latex paintable kind).