Art Whitsunday 29th Annual Exhibition

Want to share a photo of your work? Or get feedback on a new piece? Post it here. (Note: items in this forum are deleted periodically, generally after several months.)

Moderator: Brad Walker

Haydo

Art Whitsunday 29th Annual Exhibition

Post by Haydo »

It has been fairly hectic to get these pieces in the latest exhibition held in Airlie Beach as part of the Reef Festival on new plinths. Luckily Bluedog Glass from Melbourne were accommodating with packaging a couple of Tekta sheets express to assist in finalising Dreamtime. The opening is tonight but unfortunately unable to attend. Hopeful that some interest for custom bowls may come of it all.

dreamtime skew.jpg
dreamtime front.jpg
party full side.jpg
Life is like a raft, so be like a rat!...Challenging being a captain type rat though, going down with each ship and all!!
Kevin Midgley

Re: Art Whitsunday 29th Annual Exhibition

Post by Kevin Midgley »

Great work as usual. =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Charge lots and lots for those pieces.
The work in them is huge as is the new price of replacement glass for making more of them.
Haydo

Post by Haydo »

Hey Kevin, thanks for compliments. Dreamtime was imagined and then priced, after that it became very different to what was intended. Now it's time to revisit how the other part of our region can be tapped into. A young couple are developing an art gallery, rainforest timber furniture business plus to add interest are using a grant to construct a six metre high structure using vertical wind turbines to provide power. Interesting concept as they also want to create the turbines to represent two platypus playing. Below are examples of souvenir panels that are not moving yet at the Eungella National Park Kiosk. I'll be playing with pate de verre for fungi on S/S branches, wafers on bowls and cast glass joined to split silky oak timber that I salvaged several years ago.

peace haydo

platypus 1.jpg
platypus 2.jpg
Life is like a raft, so be like a rat!...Challenging being a captain type rat though, going down with each ship and all!!
Fiona Collins

Post by Fiona Collins »

Love these Haydo, Dreamtime makes my brain hurt, the bowl is sublime and the platypus makes me smile ...
Haydo

Post by Haydo »

Thanks Fiona, Dreamtime has made my head hurt too. Don't know how long it will sit before a revisit to blast a pattern into slab and electroplate with copper plus embed LEDs. Poor baby will be like a lab rat. It's already taught me a bit. We get to enjoy the bowl here on its new plinth while the owner finishes her travels.
peace, haydo
Buttercup

Post by Buttercup »

As already mentioned privately, the totems (?) are incredibly complex, really love the bowl and can brag that I'm the happy owner (keeper?) of a platypus. Agree with Kevin, make sure you charge appropriately. Jen