HELP me identify this glass please!

Want to share a photo of your work? Or get feedback on a new piece? Post it here. (Note: items in this forum are deleted periodically, generally after several months.)

Moderator: Brad Walker

Marian P.

HELP me identify this glass please!

Post by Marian P. »

I made this piece about 4 years ago in a class and I think it was scrap glass he had on hand that I used. It may be Wissmach iridized. The blue is standard 3mm which is the one I most want to find but I suppose it could be dichro on black. Anybody recognize it??? Please, please, please. It has taken me this long after building a house and moving, to get back to trying to duplicate this piece. I have a bunch of kokopelli's ready to fuse if I could only find more of this.
20160910_181325.jpg
Thanks for any and all help!
Kevin Midgley

Re: HELP me identify this glass please!

Post by Kevin Midgley »

Been there, done that.
No I don't know the glass it is made on but I do know that blue Dichro. Oh that lovely brilliant blue.
That is the blue that you fall in love with only to have the sheet you are working with run out.
That is the colour you can specify to be made for you and something completely different will be sent to you from the coater.
Or if you are lucky on a full sheet of that supposedly exact colour you will find perhaps 4 square cm of the exact colour match...... but not the texture pattern.

You would be better to buy a new sheet of a similar colour or some other colour you like and not try to match it.
Your story is the number one reason to never buy scrap dichro and to only buy stock sheets.

What is really fun is to place internet orders and hope the packer knows exactly what colour you want in your order by reading your mind telepathically. :lol:

Seriously, and I mean this in the most gentle of terms, keep that treasured piece and forget about ever seeing that colour you seek again.
I know I haven't seen my dreamed of blue yet. Oh specks here and there but not a full sheet.
Marian P.

Post by Marian P. »

Very entertaining reply Kevin Midgley :lol:
Valerie Adams

Post by Valerie Adams »

I'd send a photo to CBS and ask if they recognize it. They've been amazingly helpful in identifying glass coated by them.

http://www.cbs-dichroic.com/contactus.asp