First plate finished.

Want to share a photo of your work? Or get feedback on a new piece? Post it here. (Note: items in this forum are deleted periodically, generally after several months.)

Moderator: Brad Walker

Haydo

First plate finished.

Post by Haydo »

This is a plate started in late 2016. The bulk of the work was done in this last month so I consider it my first for 2017. Made some blunders due to poor judgement when it came down to prepping the piece for slumping. Short story is that considerable effort went into cold working the formed plate before whacking it back into the kiln for fire polish and give the edge another chance to get more form over the murrini buttons.
BOTTOM
BOTTOM
SIDE
SIDE
Life is like a raft, so be like a rat!...Challenging being a captain type rat though, going down with each ship and all!!
Kevin Midgley

Re: First plate finished.

Post by Kevin Midgley »

That's a keeper.
Now to find a buyer.
JamesL

Post by JamesL »

Nice job! Kudos.
Haydo

Post by Haydo »

Don't have to worry about buyers. My eldest was prompted by his younger brother to come up here and get me motivated. He came up and told me to forget about trying to find a commercial product, just get in the studio and do whatever I wanted when I wanted. They would take care of getting my work out there once they saw I was ready. hahahaha. Thank you both for kind words. - haydo
Life is like a raft, so be like a rat!...Challenging being a captain type rat though, going down with each ship and all!!
jim burchett

Post by jim burchett »

Beautiful work
"No, you cant scare Me, I'm sticking to the UNION. I'm stickin to the UNION till the day I die" Woody Guthrie
Buttercup

Post by Buttercup »

My favourite of the 2017 bowls, to date. Looks like being a great year! Congrats. Love the colour, too. Jen
JestersBaubles

Post by JestersBaubles »

Really like what you are doing with the murinni pieces.

Still like the purple one the best :)

Dana W.
Haydo

Post by Haydo »

It's great to get compliments and positive feedback. I guess that's why I went for the shotgun effect doing these, all very different apart from the basic shallow form and the murrini buttons on the underside. Conversation at home about taste is never finished, ongoing. Kind comments by Jen and Dana is proof of taste, a very personal thing. I'm currently in the final stages of a revisit to an old piece I made back in 2003, an interpretation. A good year that one, the boy in me was strong. Trying to recapture that spirit that helped in the creation of it in the hope that it would flow on into just doing what ever I liked. - haydo