Eimeo Creek

Want to share a photo of your work? Or get feedback on a new piece? Post it here. (Note: items in this forum are deleted periodically, generally after several months.)

Moderator: Brad Walker

Haydo

Eimeo Creek

Post by Haydo »

As you can see in the close up I've had some issues with cold working, another time. This is from the inspiration I get from being able to witness the the changes of this tidal mangrove creek and is a revisit to a piece I made in 2003. Got to get back to the serious business of finding a day job. Time off has allowed valuable time in the studio so am grateful for that and it does chew the time, no time for boredom. - haydo

EIMEO CREEK
EIMEO CREEK
EIMEO CREEK- close up of sun and distant hills
EIMEO CREEK- close up of sun and distant hills
Life is like a raft, so be like a rat!...Challenging being a captain type rat though, going down with each ship and all!!
Kevin Midgley

Re: Eimeo Creek

Post by Kevin Midgley »

amazing amount of work in there.
enjoy! I did.
Vonon

Post by Vonon »

I really appreciate your attention to detail such as the smoke rising from the lava flow where it is encountering fresh vegetation on it's downward path. The closeup of the lava shows how realistic it's texture is. Don't know how you managed to get it so different from the apparent texture of the surrounding area. I'm intrigued by the construction of the piece and the different processes you must have used. Quite a perfect rock too!
Vonon
Haydo

Post by Haydo »

Thanks Vonon. The difference you see in the close up is of a mini aperture pour with layers of clear and clear irid on top nestled among a grouping of murrini. Had to be capped to give slightly higher height than murrini to counteract too much flow of elements. I was going to let you go with the idea of it being lava as the beach near here does have old lava flows. The fires are cane fires just beyond the mangroves. These fires are getting rarer as machinery is adapted to cope with bad stands of cane. I have a thing about cane fires as I lived directly opposite cane fields as a child. A piece made in 2003 was a closeup of one and one bloke with dutch heritage would see a tulip. He'd see it often as a customer to our cafe, always as a tulip. Who knows he might buy a tulip. - haydo
Life is like a raft, so be like a rat!...Challenging being a captain type rat though, going down with each ship and all!!
Vonon

Post by Vonon »

A video of your construction/layup would be so interesting. Meanwhile, I wish to stick with the volcano vision :)
Vonon