Forest Floor #2

Want to share a photo of your work? Or get feedback on a new piece? Post it here. (Note: items in this forum are deleted periodically, generally after several months.)

Moderator: Brad Walker

gottev

Forest Floor #2

Post by gottev »

this is my newest piece. It is made entirely of BE Powders using open face casting and modified Freeze & Fuse techniques.
Attachments
Forest Floor #2-Left View - small.jpg
Forest Floor #2-Back View - small.jpg
Forest Floor #2-Front View - small.jpg
Vonon

Re: Forest Floor #2

Post by Vonon »

I love it! Great job on casting and F&F. You nailed the colors too. What method did you use to get the twig?
Vonon
gottev

Post by gottev »

Thanks, Vernon. The twig is also a modified F&F technique. As for the colors, I've been working on aspen leaves for a few months so I have those pretty well dialed in. The tough part is to get the colors realistic, but still different enough to provide a balanced composition. In real life the rocks, decaying leaves and branches all tend to meld together.
Vonon

Post by Vonon »

That is what I meant about the colors. By November the fallen aspen leaves no longer look like gold coins. The real thrill is being in a grove right before they drop. Almost like they are giving off light from within. I hope to see more of your castings posted here.
Vonon
gottev

Post by gottev »

thank you, Vonon. It's take me a while to make each one but I'll post them as I finish.
Valerie Adams

Post by Valerie Adams »

Wow, I love this piece!
gottev

Post by gottev »

thank you, Valerie.
Leonard Cichowski

Post by Leonard Cichowski »

This is just a beautiful piece. I am very impressed with all of the different textures that are so life-like. You have hit a home-run !

Leonard
gottev

Post by gottev »

thank you, Leonard. My goal for current work is to balance the really thin components with thick/solid pieces, and I'm really happy with how this work out. It's quite a journey.