Playing with drop vases

Want to share a photo of your work? Or get feedback on a new piece? Post it here. (Note: items in this forum are deleted periodically, generally after several months.)

Moderator: Brad Walker

Ed Cantarella

Playing with drop vases

Post by Ed Cantarella »

All are 10"+
Attachments
bluevase.jpg
multi_vase.jpg
seablue.jpg
HER last words were, "I'm melting, melting . . . " Dissenting opinions generally welcome for comic relief or personal edification. Sometimes both.
Ed Cantarella

Re: Playing with drop vases

Post by Ed Cantarella »

Ok, last one. For now. Have 6 others waiting to be beheaded :shock: .
Christmas.jpg
HER last words were, "I'm melting, melting . . . " Dissenting opinions generally welcome for comic relief or personal edification. Sometimes both.
Kevin Midgley

Post by Kevin Midgley »

Nice work Ed,
The tops don't have to be cut off if you drop the vase onto a nice wide base and fuse them together all at the same time.
Takes making a few duds to get it all perfectly done. :lol:
And all you thought you had to do was perfect the timing and temperature of the drop?
Don't forget the vase will not then go back through the ring so escape planning is required.
Ed Cantarella

Post by Ed Cantarella »

Thanks Kevin. Yeah, some we keep the tops on, others cut off. We like breaking, re-arranging and remelting the cut off pieces to make very similar sibling pieces or sets. I've made a few using an escape plan. And a few that couldn't escape - good-bye dear ring. :(