New Work

Want to share a photo of your work? Or get feedback on a new piece? Post it here. (Note: items in this forum are deleted periodically, generally after several months.)

Moderator: Brad Walker

Amy on Salt Spring

Post by Amy on Salt Spring »

Yeah the coldworking is very cool--looks like Jackie inspired you on the bark texture. The texture that looks like pounded metal is esp. interesting--changes the piece completely. I am curious about how its done but I won't ask!
Amy
Doug Randall

Post by Doug Randall »

Hahahahah...yeah, right!
Amy on Salt Spring

Post by Amy on Salt Spring »

Okay, you're right, I'll ask--how did you get the pounded metal texture...or is it a trade secret. :-#
-A
Doug Randall

Post by Doug Randall »

Amy on Salt Spring wrote:Okay, you're right, I'll ask--how did you get the pounded metal texture...or is it a trade secret. :-#
-A
Its called batutto (hamered) and yes....it is. I'll email and fill you in on everything.
Pat Loboda

Post by Pat Loboda »

Thanks for sharing Doug. I love them all!!

Pat Loboda
Rebecca M.

Post by Rebecca M. »

Those textures are awesome. And there's so many! Wanna touch.
Doug Randall

Post by Doug Randall »

Amy on Salt Spring wrote:Yeah the coldworking is very cool--looks like Jackie inspired you on the bark texture. The texture that looks like pounded metal is esp. interesting--changes the piece completely. I am curious about how its done but I won't ask!
Amy
Yes Amy, she does inspire me. The bark texture has been done long before she and I even thought of it. The "pounded metal " look is one of my favorites. I saw and learned that and many others last trip to Moreno Italy. You can ask me how its done...anyone can if they just email me and ask, I will freely share how I do my work!
jim simmons

Re: New Work

Post by jim simmons »

Doug Randall wrote:I've been busy this winter getting ready for shows in Seattle (Wm Traver July 2004 ) SOFA NY (June 3-6th) Foster-White gallery Kirkland Wa. (Group show Chihuly,Debra Moore, Benjamin Moore, Wm Morris, John DeWitt,Doug Randall...the token kilnformer) Heres a few images...more to add later. I hope this URL works!

http://community.webshots.com/user/smplanet
Hi Doug.
I really would like to see the work, but when I click on the above link here is what I get.

"Sort: Normal | Newest

Visit smplanet's
Favorite Members:
[ none selected ]

No albums are available for public display."

Jim
PDXBarbara

Post by PDXBarbara »

Hey Doug, just had to say how cool that is about Chihuli getting to be in a show with you. Anyways, as usual, your work inspires me. Pretty enamored with the more conceptual pieces as well. Enough for now, i guess we'll talk more tomorrow for lunch. (mmmm barbequed jargon for lunch mmmmmmm....)
Barbara
Barbara Bader
PDXBarbara

Post by PDXBarbara »

Ooops, Doug, I meant lunch MONDAY cause today's still SATURDAY, so tomorrow's SUNDAY & not MONDAY, no not at all... yeah.
BB
Barbara Bader