Havin' fun with pot melts

Want to share a photo of your work? Or get feedback on a new piece? Post it here. (Note: items in this forum are deleted periodically, generally after several months.)

Moderator: Brad Walker

Haydo

Post by Haydo »

O.K. Jerry you can slow down now, or we'll never be able to catch up. Who needs a veiw with one those in the room. - haydo
Life is like a raft, so be like a rat!...Challenging being a captain type rat though, going down with each ship and all!!
Barbara Muth

Post by Barbara Muth »

Jerry, I like the pot melts a lot. These have very interesting character, the combination of colors and movement without mud are certainly a technical achievement. I also like the way you have framed them with rings of color.

Can I ask why you put them in stands as opposed to hanging them on the wall? (I assume the glass is opaque, and that the reverse side of the piece is all one color. ) I find the stands a little distracting, and keep trying to figure out what the relationship is between the stand and the piece.

just my two cents....

Barbara
Barbara
Check out the glass manufacturer's recommended firing schedules...
LATEST GLASS
Sandi

Re: Havin' fun with pot melts

Post by Sandi »

Jerry, after making the pot melts did you fuse them onto the full black glass circle?
Thanks
Sandy
Diane

Post by Diane »

HI Jerry, I just saw your pot melt at the UNE Art Gallery in Portland for the PBS Art Show. VERY NICE!!!! It happened to be the first thing I saw when I entered the gallery since they had it on display right by the door. It seemed to be attracting alot of attention. My piece was upstairs, mixed in with some other pieces. One day my work will get a place of distinction like yours [-o<
Good Luck in the auction. It's a great way to support public television.
Diane