OK I AM NERVOUS...FIRST PICTURE POSTS

Want to share a photo of your work? Or get feedback on a new piece? Post it here. (Note: items in this forum are deleted periodically, generally after several months.)

Moderator: Brad Walker

shesjustalittletwisted

OK I AM NERVOUS...FIRST PICTURE POSTS

Post by shesjustalittletwisted »

:oops:
Hi everyone~
I have been lurking around in the shadows for long enough.
Thought it was about time I got the nerve to post some pictures and get some feedback.
I have been fusing for almost a year now and can hardly stand to do my day job anymore!
I am not the best at photography so bear with me.

Please....be honest...

http://www.GlassArtists.org/ShesJustaLittleTwisted

Hope the link works. :roll:
Kathie Karancz

Post by Kathie Karancz »

Hey Lisa: I love your lizard bowl!!! Did you fully fuse 2 pieces then tack fuse the lizard on in the slump (cuz the lizard looks a little raised from the green). Good for you =D> Congrats on your first post of pics. I am still too nervous. Keep up the good work.
Kathie Karancz
Tribal Turtle
Victoria, British Columbia
http://www.tribalturtle.com
shesjustalittletwisted

:D
Thanks Kathy...I was beginning to panic and thought everyone was thinking "if I can't say something nice...."
One positive comment made my day. Everyones work on here is sooo good and some is so complex. Mine is very casual, my life is complicated enough, guess I am not ready to bring my work to that level also.

You are correct 2 fuses and than tack fused the lizard. He had been fired 2 times already by that point. 1st to fuse all of the pieces (about 30) together and than to give him his dicro personality.
I have high hopes of doing more of these...sort of a series.

Thanks again...look forward to seeing your work.
Lisa
Katia T.

Post by Katia T. »

Hi Lisa
Wonderfull lizard bowl!
I loved all your work !
Katia
Nickie Jordan

Post by Nickie Jordan »

Hey twisted girl -
I first need to commend you on your bravery for post photos after that thread on 'critisim'. No wonder you're shaking in your boots !
I think you're coming along nicely. Your lines are good, your shapes are good, your color is good (like the contrasts) - I enjoyed viewing the photos. Thanks for sharing (which is more than I've done yet - and for good reason !) - N
The Hobbyist

Post by The Hobbyist »

I think the idea behind the Critics Corner is an examination of a single piece/concept rather than a whole body of works. Therefore I'll remark on the first piece, the Blue Bowl.

Before I begin, remember that I am not now nor have I ever been an artist nor have I ever been accused/convicted of being one. I don't know artist-speak nor any of the salient issues involved in proper design. All I can offer is my observations which are probably best ignored.

There are no dimensions given but I assume it is a small bowl. If it is larger, say 12" or more, then it would need more decoration. I like the precision in placing the stringers so they cross inside the bottom circle after the slump. Good planning. I also like the fact that the are straight and not wrinkled or misaligned. I would like to have seen more of them or maybe the larger sized ones. They seem "skinny" to me.

The dichroic on top of irid I think is too much. I would have liked one or the other but not both. The triangles are nice but this time I think you have too many rather than too few. I would have only used the larger ones that point to the center. The smaller ones might have ben used inside the bottom circle and reflected/pointed back toward the rim.

The colors are nice (I'm partial to tourquoise) and the fine bubbles add depth/texture visually. The rim appears to be nicely rounded over but not prefectly circular. On a small bowl especially, I think it should be one or the other. Get it perfectly round or make it clearly "organic".

This would be a nice compliment to a large piece. One that has the same elements, but many more of them, used in much the same manner.

It's a keeper but could be better, I think.

Jim
"With or without religion, good people can behave well and bad people can do evil; but for good people to do evil—that takes religion. " Steven Weinberg
shesjustalittletwisted

Jim ~THANK YOU!!
First, where is the thread on critisism? I was spending time working on that site and have not had a chance to read threads I missed.

Correct on the size issue ~ I need to get back into the site and but sizes in the comments area`just did not occur to me. Mainly using this site as a place to post pictures. Want to begin developing my own independently.

This 12" bowl was the first piece/bowl I ever did so it was sort of an experiment . I wanted to test out the stringers and the few pieces of dicro that I had. I would next time use larger stringers or more of the smaller ones. Though part of what I was after was something very simple that did not take away from the natural beauty of the color of the glass itself.

This bowl does not photograph well.

Since it is my first piece it is a keeper for me for sure, infact I made smaller cereal sized one to mathc so that the chips may now have some salsa.

Keep em' coming..I can take \:D/ it!