Doc, Doc, Doc . . . Goose

Want to share a photo of your work? Or get feedback on a new piece? Post it here. (Note: items in this forum are deleted periodically, generally after several months.)

Moderator: Brad Walker

Jackie Beckman

Doc, Doc, Doc . . . Goose

Post by Jackie Beckman »

It just never ends with the Doc - look at this - this is the best yet. Help me persuade him that THIS is the Pilchuck piece!

Brock

Post by Brock »

No kidding. It may be too good for Pilchuck. For historical purposes, Steve shouldn't allow that piece to disappear into some private collection, where it would never be seen again, but instead, just to ensure these important works stay in the public eye, Steve should give it to me, then everyone who comes over to my place can see it. Yeah . . .

That is a killer piece Steve. Brock
My memory is so good, I can't remember the last time I forgot something . . .
Kathie Karancz

Post by Kathie Karancz »

OH MY GOD!!!! THAT IS GORGEOUS..... I love the colour and that paler green on the sides is soooo cool. And then the squares in the middle look like slices of new green wood.... It looks so organic - something living in a deep green forest.... Damn (when the hell am I going to get that good!!!). I wish I could swear on the Board cuz there is certain word coming to my mind that keeps going - that is _____ COOL!!!!!!! ooooops... :oops: :oops:
Kathie Karancz
Tribal Turtle
Victoria, British Columbia
http://www.tribalturtle.com
Jackie Beckman

Post by Jackie Beckman »

Aptly enough Kathie, the piece is named Rain Forest. Go to his site to see details of it - it's absolutely fabulous.

Jackie, who knew him when . . .
Jackie Beckman

Post by Jackie Beckman »

Has anyone noticed how quickly he puts these delicious pieces out? Do you think he has time for golf on Wednesdays? Do you think you have to wait forEVER in his office for your appointment because he's busy battuto-ing? While you visit his site, have you ever noticed the piece with off white river rock feet? Does anyone want to get that for me?
Kathie Karancz

Post by Kathie Karancz »

Hey Jackie: Could you please give me his website??? Can't find it under membership list.
Thanks
Kathie Karancz
Tribal Turtle
Katia T.

Post by Katia T. »

Absolutely amazing.
Katia
Brock

Post by Brock »

Kathie Karancz wrote:Hey Jackie: Could you please give me his website??? Can't find it under membership list.
Thanks
clearwaterglass.com

One of the very best personal fusing sites out there. Brock
My memory is so good, I can't remember the last time I forgot something . . .
Jackie Beckman

Post by Jackie Beckman »

Here's the point-n-click version Kathie:

http://www.ClearwaterGlass.com
Steve Immerman

Post by Steve Immerman »

Kathie Karancz wrote:It looks so organic - something living in a deep green forest....
Kathie,

Thank you for seeing and articulating what I was trying to put into this piece!

Steve
Steve Immerman

Post by Steve Immerman »

Jackie Beckman wrote:Has anyone noticed how quickly he puts these delicious pieces out? Do you think he has time for golf on Wednesdays? Do you think you have to wait forEVER in his office for your appointment because he's busy battuto-ing? While you visit his site, have you ever noticed the piece with off white river rock feet? Does anyone want to get that for me?
Jackie,

Since the calendar photo, I have had to take the batutto machine out of the operating room. The anesthesiologists were compaining about the noise.

As for the office, there is no waiting. I have to get everyone seen and on their way so I can get back to the studio.

Steve
Jackie Beckman

Post by Jackie Beckman »

Steve Immerman wrote:
Jackie Beckman wrote:Has anyone noticed how quickly he puts these delicious pieces out? Do you think he has time for golf on Wednesdays? Do you think you have to wait forEVER in his office for your appointment because he's busy battuto-ing? While you visit his site, have you ever noticed the piece with off white river rock feet? Does anyone want to get that for me?
Jackie,

Since the calendar photo, I have had to take the batutto machine out of the operating room. The anesthesiologists were compaining about the noise.

As for the office, there is no waiting. I have to get everyone seen and on their way so I can get back to the studio.

Steve
Oh sure - no waiting! You're a Doctor, aren't you? I figured it was a law - one must wait -n- wait . . . n wait. I hope you at least have good magazines.

I can just see it now,"Oh, I'm sure that lump is nothing to worry about - now if you could just be on your way plaese. Oh, and while your insurance may not cover it, have you had a chance to look at the new pieces in the gallery - oops, um, er I mean, waiting room?"
Phil Hoppes

Post by Phil Hoppes »

Steve,

Your work just keeps getting more and more impressive. Truly a BEAUTIFUL piece. Congratulations.

Jackie,

You've got it wrong......Steve will know he's crossed the line when he quits writing perscriptions for his patients and starts writing them up annealing schedules instead. So Steve, what is the annealing time for a broken tibula?

Phil
Steve Immerman

Post by Steve Immerman »

Phil Hoppes wrote: So Steve, what is the annealing time for a broken tibula?

Phil
Six weeks.

(and, yes, I know there is no such bone......)

Steve
Bert Weiss

Post by Bert Weiss »

Steve Immerman wrote:
Phil Hoppes wrote: So Steve, what is the annealing time for a broken tibula?

Phil
Six weeks.

(and, yes, I know there is no such bone......)

Steve
Can you slice up a tibula and fuse it back together and then grind dimples in it?
Bert

Bert Weiss Art Glass*
http://www.customartglass.com
Furniture Lighting Sculpture Tableware
Architectural Commissions
Jerry Barnett

Post by Jerry Barnett »

Steve Immerman wrote: As for the office, there is no waiting. I have to get everyone seen and on their way so I can get back to the studio.

Steve
Take two aspirins and call me when the firing is done?

Of course, you could remove the office magazines and train your patients to hand polish instead.

Jerry
Steve Immerman

Post by Steve Immerman »

Bert Weiss wrote:Can you slice up a tibula and fuse it back together and then grind dimples in it?
Yes. I think you get a femulus if you do that.

Steve
Linda Reed

Post by Linda Reed »

If anyone reading this has just looked at the phote Jackie posted and not gone to the website, stop whetever you are doing now and go look at

http://www.clearwaterglass.com/

:shock:

Wow.

Nearly Speechless...

(and you know how unusual that is for me).

Talk about actually acheiving the mix of technique and intention. Evocative and breathtaking. (Which type of doc deals with heart palpatations??)

L inda
Kathie Karancz

Post by Kathie Karancz »

Steve: I have to tell you that there aren't a whole lot of people's glass that make me react the way I did when I saw your "Rainforest" piece. It truly is awesome. Do you teach any classes??? Sounds like you probably don't have time, but..... PLEASE..... I would fly anywhere to be able to learn a few tricks from you.
[-o<
Kathie Karancz
Tribal Turtle
Steve Immerman

Post by Steve Immerman »

Kathie Karancz wrote:Steve: I have to tell you that there aren't a whole lot of people's glass that make me react the way I did when I saw your "Rainforest" piece. It truly is awesome. Do you teach any classes??? Sounds like you probably don't have time, but..... PLEASE..... I would fly anywhere to be able to learn a few tricks from you.
[-o<
Thanks Kathie. I haven't taught any classes (other than having the Cub Scouts over to make Christmas ornaments - which here in Wisconsin all ended up Packer green and gold). I don't really have a studio big enough for teaching.

Anyway, I feel like a beginner myself since most of my progress has occurred in the last two years. Most of what I have learned came from the classes I took with Brock and Avery. And the generosity of the members of this warmglass board either on the board or in person when I pester them with questions. ....I didn't think I was using any "tricks"- just basic techniques.

Thanks again.

Steve