Famous Jackie joins Famous Marty & Famous Susan

Want to share a photo of your work? Or get feedback on a new piece? Post it here. (Note: items in this forum are deleted periodically, generally after several months.)

Moderator: Brad Walker

Phil Hoppes

Famous Jackie joins Famous Marty & Famous Susan

Post by Phil Hoppes »

No pictures to post but for all of you that get American Craft Magazine check out page 13 of the new April/May Issue. There are some very cool pictures of Susan's and Marty and if you look to the right you will see someone we all know on the TOP of the list of names in the Innovative American Glass invitational exhibition sponsored by Ironwood Gallery. (http://www.ironwoodgallery.com) Jackie you didn't tell me about this!!! Congratulations. What an honor. Hmmm.... I'd better get your autograph now while I can afford it.

Congratulations to all and a special tip of the hat to Jackie. Much deserved and I'm very happy for you.

Phil

PS - Marty, your sculpture/bowl is awasome! I love your colors, the concept...I wish I could see it up close.
Jackie Beckman

Re: Famous Jackie joins Famous Marty & Famous Susan

Post by Jackie Beckman »

Phil Hoppes wrote:No pictures to post but for all of you that get American Craft Magazine check out page 13 of the new April/May Issue. There are some very cool pictures of Susan's and Marty and if you look to the right you will see someone we all know on the TOP of the list of names in the Innovative American Glass invitational exhibition sponsored by Ironwood Gallery. (http://www.ironwoodgallery.com) Jackie you didn't tell me about this!!! Congratulations. What an honor. Hmmm.... I'd better get your autograph now while I can afford it.

Congratulations to all and a special tip of the hat to Jackie. Much deserved and I'm very happy for you.

Phil

PS - Marty, your sculpture/bowl is awasome! I love your colors, the concept...I wish I could see it up close.
Thank you Phil Hoppes! :oops: You're so kind.

We can't forget to include Famous Jerry Barnett!

Are you sure I didn't tell you? Sorry. Yes, it's an honor to be anywhere with Famous Marty, and his new work is fantastic - I agree.

There are some amazing artists in this show and I'm quite excited about it. Go to :

http://www.IronwoodGallery.com

for a complete list of participating artists.

I sure wish my American Craft would get here! :evil: I think the post man is holding it hostage along with my Bullseye catalog! Cindy-Next-Door was kind enough to run over with her AC so I could see it though.
Phil Hoppes

Post by Phil Hoppes »

You probably told me and I just didn't put two and two together. You know us fieble minded old men.......I have slip ons cause I forgot how to tie my shoes. :lol:

Glad to see you doing so well. You are in good company there and more importantly you deserve to be there.

Phil
Jackie Beckman

Post by Jackie Beckman »

Hey, you know what would be funny - you pick up that magazine tomorrow and start flipping through it and when you get to page 13 you can say, "Well, my goodness - look at this! Jackie is in a show in CT. Hmmm . . .she didn't tell me this!" And then you can post it again. :lol:

Slip-ons are good.

Jackie
Brock

Post by Brock »

Hey congratulations! So, it all DOES happen at once hmmm . .

Good for you Jackie

Brock
My memory is so good, I can't remember the last time I forgot something . . .
Brock

Post by Brock »

Brock wrote:Hey congratulations! So, it all DOES happen at once hmmm . .

Good for you Jackie

Brock
And Marty and Jerry and Susan . . . way to go gang. Brock
My memory is so good, I can't remember the last time I forgot something . . .
Jackie Beckman

Post by Jackie Beckman »

Brock wrote:Hey congratulations! So, it all DOES happen at once hmmm . .

Good for you Jackie

Brock
Thanks Brock. You mean I didn't tell you on the phone the other night? OK Phil, I take back all my jokes - it's me who's loosing their mind after all. I better go shopping for a nice mid-heel slip on . . .
Cynthia

Post by Cynthia »

Congrats to all the fused glassies who were invited. That's such a great representation of kiln fired glass work and I hope it's a fabulousy, wildly successful show. What a pleasure to see such terrific work being supported and shown.

Hubba hubba ding ding!!
Avery Anderson

Post by Avery Anderson »

Congratulations everyone! This is exciting news. My American Craft should be here soon so I'll be anxious to see the photos. I've been in a show at the Ironwood Gallery and it is a great venue....sold most of my pieces during the show and was very impressed with their professionalism.

Kudos Jackie, Marty, Jerry, and Susan!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avery
Marty

Post by Marty »

Different gallery, Avery- yours is in Tucson? This one's in Ridgefield, CT.
Avery Anderson

Post by Avery Anderson »

Marty wrote:Different gallery, Avery- yours is in Tucson? This one's in Ridgefield, CT.
Two Ironwood Galleries? How strange is that! Well, congrats anyway...I'm sure it will be an excellent show!!!!

Avery