First fusing in new kiln!

Want to share a photo of your work? Or get feedback on a new piece? Post it here. (Note: items in this forum are deleted periodically, generally after several months.)

Moderator: Brad Walker

quill

First fusing in new kiln!

Post by quill »

I have been fusing small pieces in my little Aim bead annealer for the last year. Lots of fun but you can't do too many things in a 6"by6" space.

Just got my new Skutt 1018 hooked up & finished my first fuse. I really like this kiln & it is so easy to use. (The Fuji controller on my Aim kiln has a pretty much incomprehensible manual.)

This is my fist piece. It is plain but I am thrilled with it. It measures 12" by 12". I used plain old scrap Spectrum so the glass does have some flaws in it.

I am off to buy some System 96 today. Oh, the possibilities!

quill

Post by quill »

I just realized after I posted this that it should have gone in the 'photos & stuff' section. Sorry!
SWalsh

Nice

Post by SWalsh »

Quill, I'm not sorry you posted here! I'm impressed. I've been trying to get a successful drop ring for the last month and this is your first piece out of your new kiln? I like it. Last night I etched the edges of 7 drop ring vases to get rid of the devit. Not to try to fire polish them... sigh. Sue
The past is history,
The future is a mystery
And the present is a gift
quill

Post by quill »

I've been trying to get a successful drop ring for the last month and this is your first piece out of your new kiln?
Beginner's luck I think but am hoping it holds up!

I haven't even tried a drop ring yet. We will see how that goes. I also have the makings for box-casting etc. Too little time, too many things to try...
Valerie

new kiln

Post by Valerie »

looks pretty darn good to me for a first try :D
enjoy ....nothing wrong with plain
froggee501

Post by froggee501 »

by any chance, any quilting in your history? :)

I think it's awesome... That's something I want to do, to create glass quilt pieces... I love the perfection and caution needed for them. :) Of course, I need a bigger kiln than my 4 by 4...

someday...

Emma
quill

Post by quill »

Not in my history. I am afraid Home Economics was the only subject I really tanked in. I couldn't even finish my first project. (I still remember that darn apron with horror.)

However I do come from a long line of amazing quilters...