Black Pipe Pattern Bars

Want to share a photo of your work? Or get feedback on a new piece? Post it here. (Note: items in this forum are deleted periodically, generally after several months.)

Moderator: Brad Walker

Judy Schnabel

Black Pipe Pattern Bars

Post by Judy Schnabel »

Just finished a panel using techniques described by Kevin O'Toole in Glass Craftsman magazine.

No critique necessary. Just sharing what I thought was fun to create.

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/vie ... &members=1
Ann Demko

flower garden

Post by Ann Demko »

Judy, Your flower garden does look like fun. I tried the fusing in a lead pipe and it came out well but there are some grayish spots in the glass. I don't know if it is some lead filings that I didn't get out with my magnets when I made frit or if it was stuff that flaked off the sides of the pipe. Did you have any inclusions in your pieces? Ann
Judy Schnabel

Post by Judy Schnabel »

Ann,

I lined the pipe with fiber paper and just filled the pipes with strips of glass. Next time I'll put more clear in the pipes. I didn't have anything flake off the pipes onto the glass though.

Like I said, it was fun. Plus, I belong to our local sculptor's group and they are always pushing us for new work for when we're called upon to do an exhibition.

I used 1 1/2" pipe for this one but I'm going back and get some 2" pipe so all the "flowers" won't be the same size.

Judy
Mitcheal

Post by Mitcheal »

I don't think I've seen this article? Is it in the current magazine? or a previous one, I dropped my subscription last year, but have recently renewed it...

Mitcheal
Judy Schnabel

Post by Judy Schnabel »

I believe it was around November of 2003. In that particular issue it did not have a month on the front.

Judy
Mitcheal

Post by Mitcheal »

Thanks, I'll have to look for that issue.. I don't currently posses a copy of it.

Thanks again for the info.

Mitcheal