new piece, born this morning

Want to share a photo of your work? Or get feedback on a new piece? Post it here. (Note: items in this forum are deleted periodically, generally after several months.)

Moderator: Brad Walker

kelly alge

new piece, born this morning

Post by kelly alge »

I have a new piece I'd like to share, just born this morning. I haven't tried posting a photo since the BB changed, so I hope this works. Photo does no justice, I used a flash. :shock:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/656 ... 6585uovEic
kelly alge

"An ordinary life is a crime" -eric schmider
Tracy

Post by Tracy »

Kelly-
Awesome piece!! =D>
-Tracy
Lisa Allen

Post by Lisa Allen »

Fun piece! God knows I love color......and I also really like the dimension that you were able to achieve. Nice work =D>
Lisa Allen
http://www.lisa-allen.com
Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.
Mark Jacobs

Post by Mark Jacobs »

I have to agree, beautiful piece..... and I really like these clapping hands. =D>

Mark
Linda Reed

Post by Linda Reed »

Kelly - That is gorgeous! How big is it? What are you going to do with it?

I was looking at the pic you posted and the way the frame is cropped, it made me think of scribing a wood frame for pieces - just the way yours looks in the pic... inset a piece like that (which is so perfect for just looking at) into a frame scribed to the irregular edges.

Anyway, great work!

Linda
"Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark, in the hopeless swamps of the approximate, the not-quite, the not-yet, the not-at-all. ...The world you desired can be won. It exists, it is real, it is possible, it is yours." ~ Ayn Rand
Cristi

Post by Cristi »

my 4-year-old son was watching with me as your new piece was revealed....
"Wow- that's gorgeous! It looks like Christmas!''.
What else needs to be said....congratulations
Cristi
kelly alge

Post by kelly alge »

Linda,

It's about 10 1/2 inches tall, 5 1/2 inches wide. I like the framing idea you had about making the frame shape fit the irregular sides... I wish I were more creative at the presentation/framing, etc. My other panels are framed in deep double mats, like a shallow shadowbox. I plan to sell them at my summer shows, (so I can afford to buy LOTS more glass and maybe a bigger kiln) and wanted something that would protect them some in the packing, and also bring some unity to the group. (same 2 styles of frames on all of them) I hate that the glass can't be touched when it's in a frame though. French cleats are awesome, but I think they may be too risky in transit...
kelly alge

"An ordinary life is a crime" -eric schmider
Jeri D

Post by Jeri D »

What an exciting piece. It kept unfolding as it opened up, good job.
Did you use a black sheet as the bottom layer?
MV Jeri