Mixing it with the best...any clues

Use this forum for discussion on kiln casting, pate de verre, and related topics.

Moderator: Brad Walker

brenpage

Mixing it with the best...any clues

Post by brenpage »

Hi all
I have been contacted by the Royal College in the UK, it seems that the CD is no longer availble and will not be reburnt. Does anyone know where I might get my hands on a copy? Even a printed version?
Many Thanks
Brenda
Jerry

Mixing with the best

Post by Jerry »

I've been on Julia Whitehouse's waiting list for that CD for several months. She just sent me an email telling me it was no longer available. So, I'm in the same shape and would really appreciate any information on how to get a copy; paid or otherwise.

Jerry
Brian and Jenny Blanthorn

Re: Mixing it with the best...any clues

Post by Brian and Jenny Blanthorn »

brenpage wrote:Hi all
I have been contacted by the Royal College in the UK, it seems that the CD is no longer availble and will not be reburnt. Does anyone know where I might get my hands on a copy? Even a printed version?
Many Thanks
Brenda
I suggest U get together n approch poss the crafts council

http://www.craftscouncil.org.uk/index.html

Or somewhere similar n C if they can get something together

They have published stuff B4
Jerry

UK Craft Council

Post by Jerry »

I looked their web site over and could find no way to communicate with them apart from following their description of how to find them. The commute is more than I can handle just now. Do you know of an email address? I'd certainly like to persue this issue.

Thanks,
Jerry
Brad Walker
Site Admin

Post by Brad Walker »

Their public relations/media email is: media@craftscouncil.org.uk
Doug

Post by Doug »

Brenda, I talked with Warren Langley earlier this summer and I think he has a copy of the cd. He's in Adalide I think.
Brock

Post by Brock »

Well, ahem . . . I helped a very little on it, and I have a copy. Brock
My memory is so good, I can't remember the last time I forgot something . . .
Steph Mader

Post by Steph Mader »

So, if it's "out of print" so to speak, is it kosher to get a copy from someone else's copy? If I'm not mistaken, I think that's okay with printed material. Am I correct? Anyone know about that?

Steph
PDXBarbara

Post by PDXBarbara »

Steph Mader wrote:So, if it's "out of print" so to speak, is it kosher to get a copy from someone else's copy? If I'm not mistaken, I think that's okay with printed material. Am I correct? Anyone know about that?

Steph
Hope so, Steph... I got the email from Julia W. also... no cd...

what say, Brock?

Barbara
Barbara Bader
Jim Kervin

CD

Post by Jim Kervin »

I also would like to get a copy. They stopped distributing it because of some legal "wrangle". The College is disappointed that they can no longer distribute the information but does not want to waste educational funds on legal battles
Brock

Re: CD

Post by Brock »

Jim Kervin wrote:I also would like to get a copy. They stopped distributing it because of some legal "wrangle". The College is disappointed that they can no longer distribute the information but does not want to waste educational funds on legal battles
Well evidently, they weren't THAT disappointed that they can't distribute the material, because they took the time and effort to put some sort of security device on it so that it can't be copied. If ya know what I mean. Brock
My memory is so good, I can't remember the last time I forgot something . . .
jerry flanary

Post by jerry flanary »

yeah I have a copy my buddy lent me and I ran into the same problem. Haven't run into any of my hacker friends to get past it yet BUT-
If people are really desperate, someone can print it out on their printer and easily make photocopies to send around...
Who wants to sit at their computer and read anyway. Krike, thats for losers! :roll:
j.
PDXBarbara

Post by PDXBarbara »

jerry flanary wrote: someone can print it out on their printer and easily make photocopies to send around...
Who wants to sit at their computer and read anyway. Krike, thats for losers! :roll:
j.
How many pages would the printout involve? If it's not tooooo many, the printout could be scanned & either dropped onto cds or emailed. That's a lot of paper & mailing if it's long, and if a bunch of us want it... (I do!)

How much to defray costs?

Barbara
Barbara Bader
Alecia Helton

Mixing it with the best -- any clues?

Post by Alecia Helton »

I am also looking for a copy and am interested in paying my fair share for a copy if something can be arranged.

Alecia
Alecia Helton
Wear Original Wonders!
Carrollton TX
jim simmons

Re: Mixing it with the best -- any clues?

Post by jim simmons »

Alecia Helton wrote:I am also looking for a copy and am interested in paying my fair share for a copy if something can be arranged.

Alecia
I would also like to be included if this ever gets off of the ground. :>)
Jim
jerry flanary

Post by jerry flanary »

Give me 48 hours to lookat what I am getting into here and I'll get back to you guys. 7:52pm EST Wed Sept 10
j.
charlie holden

Post by charlie holden »

jerry flanary wrote:Give me 48 hours to lookat what I am getting into here and I'll get back to you guys. 7:52pm EST Wed Sept 10
j.
Jerry,

Lachezar has the cd but hadn't gotten his new, (used) computer running yet. So he asked a friend to print out only the most important information. That amounted to 200 pages. Maybe a lot to print and scan.

Lachezar lives in Bulgaria for those that may be wondering.

ch
jerry flanary

Post by jerry flanary »

Hey Charlie!
200 pages. Well maybe I should skip my printer and move right to Kinko's. I haven't checked that route yet. Last night I couldn't find this thread. I thought maybe it got pulled so I haven't done much about it. sorry, all.
j.
sadiesjewels

Post by sadiesjewels »

Please count me in too - also willing to pay whatever it reasonably takes to get a copy (well, I'm not that rich)!

Sadie
jerry flanary

Post by jerry flanary »

Please continue to hold. Your call is important to us and....
j.