Building My Own Controller

Use this forum for discussion on kiln casting, pate de verre, and related topics.

Moderator: Brad Walker

molly

Post by molly »

OH! I CAN DO THAT! Unfortuantely, I do not have a phot of my PRETTIEST pendant, but I have one or 2 that are nice. I'll post them asap! Thanks for the advice...
molly

Post by molly »

:D Great! I can do that! Photo coming soon.....Thanks so much
molly

Post by molly »

I posted a photo, but apparently had it in the wrong section of this bulletin board. My apologies...
Kevin Midgley

Post by Kevin Midgley »

Paul Stevenson wrote: Only thing to be aware of is that the kiln being fired must have the thermocouple fitted, and connected. So it will read the temperature of the kiln being fired.
Having done the above swapping of connections to save some money and not buy a controller, I cannot recommend it.
I once failed to move the thermocouple and melted my glass and the stainless steel mold almost all the way through the bottom of the kiln and onto the floor beneath my kiln. Don't do it. Buy the controller. I speak from experience. One day you will be tired/in a rush/not paying attention and disaster will strike. Work safely. What is the cost of building a new studio? I was lucky, the studio was just HOT that morning, not burning. I'll never do that again.
Kevin
PaulS

Post by PaulS »

Kevin is right Molly.

I was just sharing my lifetime experience, what works for me and what I'm happy with.

I wouldn't advise you to use this set up. It's your decision based on your experience and current circumstances.

Let us know how you proceed anyway and maybe put some pictures up of your projects; it's always interesting to see peoples' work.

It ain't where you're from, it's where you're at!
molly

Post by molly »

I have posted a couple of photos of my finished jewelry work on the photo board. Run on over and take a peek! Thanks....