Cheap Frax???

Use this forum for discussion on kiln casting, pate de verre, and related topics.

Moderator: Brad Walker

JimH

Cheap Frax???

Post by JimH »

Have heard there is a chinese manufactorer of frax type material. Any one know of US outlet?
Brad Walker
Site Admin

Post by Brad Walker »

http://www.uu77.com

Pretty good quality, especially considering the price. ($1/sq foot for 2" thick)
Clifford Ross

Post by Clifford Ross »

And is Brad the local distributor? :P :P :P
Brad Walker
Site Admin

Post by Brad Walker »

Clifford Ross wrote:And is Brad the local distributor? :P :P :P
Nope. Except for my book (which I sell to distributors and to others via this website), I mostly sell things that others don't or that are really hard to find (like 110-J paper).

I have seen the blanket from uu77, though, and it looks like pretty good stuff. (But I don't have any relationship with them, not even as a customer.)
Gale aka artistefem

Post by Gale aka artistefem »

I've been using this fiber blanket for several months. Works just fine - holds its loft pretty well. It's compaction rate under multiple firings is slower than other blankets I've used. I can still fluff it up a bit and reform it at firing #10.

Just received a shipment from this same company of the 2" fiber board, but haven't had time yet to tuck into it to see how it performs. Will keep ya' posted...........

By the way - has anyone tried layering up fiber board, pinning the layers in place and frit or potmelt casting into the carved out area? I'm looking a mold area 6 to 8" deep.

I'm getting ready to do some R&D with this idea - any pointers would be welcome. Thanks.