Bullseye cullet

Use this forum for discussion on kiln casting, pate de verre, and related topics.

Moderator: Brad Walker

brenpage

Bullseye cullet

Post by brenpage »

:?: Hi all
I plan to do some larger kiln castings with bullseye glass and noted while shopping today that there are two types of cullet, 1401 and 1501. The 1501 is suggested for use in furnace work but I wondered if anyone has tried it in the kiln and what are the results? I can live with a slightly tinted glass as long as it behaves in a similar manner to the normal cullet, the 1501 is considerably cheaper. Any clues
Brenda
phil

Post by phil »

Hi Brenda - you mention Bullseye 1401 and 1501 which I see on the Bullseye site in the $5-$6 range per pound for minimum 40lbs. I bought some Uroboros cullett from CRLoo (U-CUL-CLR) . It is $1.90 / lb, can be bought in single pounds, with reduced pricing on quantity. It's 90COE, very clear (no tint) and works well with bullseye. (I just wish I didn't have to have it shipped from CA to Canada!)
Colin & Helen

Post by Colin & Helen »

I asked my supplier about Uroboros cullet..and was told the product they stocked was casting billets...I may check out CRLoo and see if they export .Colin
Colin & Helen

Post by Colin & Helen »

Just checked out C&R Loo's web site.. they charge a $20 handling fee for items posted ( or did I misunderstand)is this normal in the USA???

Colin
phil

Post by phil »

Hi Colin - I couldn't remember paying a handling fee so went to check on their website. for some reason, they charge a handling fee for "mail" being pacakages sent by US post. I had my package shipped by Fedex and there was no $20 handling.